Alex Addai

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Still struggling to see how he didn't get MOM yesterday? The scoreboard went a bit crazy after MOM was awarded and showed the score was still 2-1, Nige must have given him the champagne in the dressing room.

If Addai carries on as he has been I can see a new cult hero at CTFC
Robin
Not sure he get's into our strongest eleven (yet) but certainly proving to be a great find by Pete Johnson.
bigdavejambo
he needs to be placed on a long term contract so the club dont lose out financially
Robin
We cannot place every player on a long term contract and he's still very raw. As I mentioned elsewhere my preference would be to tie down Broom, Atangana and maybe Forster on longer deals in January.
longmover
Robin wrote:We cannot place every player on a long term contract and he's still very raw. As I mentioned elsewhere my preference would be to tie down Broom, Atangana and maybe Forster on longer deals in January.
The lad is absolute dynamite and MK didn't know what to do with him, im sure he wil be on some teams radars by now. Raw is good as he doesn't know what he's going to do nevermind the opposition, he's gold and vital to CTFC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
Robin wrote:We cannot place every player on a long term contract and he's still very raw. As I mentioned elsewhere my preference would be to tie down Broom, Atangana and maybe Forster on longer deals in January.
The lad is absolute dynamite and MK didn't know what to do with him, im sure he wil be on some teams radars by now. Raw is good as he doesn't know what he's going to do nevermind the opposition, he's gold and vital to CTFC.
The type of player fans will pay to see. I was excited seeing his name in the starting lineup and he terrified MK from the off. Any ball forward and their centre backs were visibly panicking and he got through or got to the ball first on occasions when he had no right to and when he centre backs had a five yard head start to deal with a bouncing ball.

Give him the contract. The fans and the club need his excitement and pace.

I think Jones will be extended or made permanent: post match Duff said you can see that Jones “is a League One player”.
Another_FoD_Robin
I agree he terrified their back line yesterday.... all he needed was a bit more composure....Certain posters here don't like him because he hasn't played Football League before this season and scored over dozen goals like Eisa by now..... I believe he deserves another deal sooner rather than later as his naivety is sometimes a good thing as he can look quite fearless..... he linked up well with Barnett and his pace and size allowed him to muscle past players.
Lord Elpuz
Alex Addai made some excellent crosses too, another part of his game that is is improving rapidly. He definitely needs to be offered a longer contract.

Addai (pace & trickery), Barnet (won every header) and Jones (hounded and bullied opposition into errors) caused a real headache to MK Dons throughout the game We would be crazy to let any of them go.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
4 goals in 12 starts (+5 sub apps) for TB. He will get double figures before the end of the season as his fitness and the whole team both improve. Same record as Varney exactly.

2 goals in 5 starts (+6 sub apps) for Jones.

Both League only, not counting cups.
horlickfanclub
Barnett played well and benefited from Alex with his running and crossing.Jones worked,tackled and was positive with his distribution. Broom may have to wait to get back.
Shade
Barnett had only scored 3 league goals in the past 2 seasons, and 8 in total in the last 3, so we seem to be getting more out of him than his previous clubs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Barnett had only scored 3 league goals in the past 2 seasons, and 8 in total in the last 3, so we seem to be getting more out of him than his previous clubs.
Kudos to our coaching and management giving him support and confidence. I can’t see a reason why TB won’t get to double figures this season.
vickeryc
Alex Addai has been a revelation and it would be utter madness to not extend his contract. He bviously doesn't have Mo's finishing skills (yet) but I wouldn't rule out the prospect of him bagging a lot of goals in a season or two. He has so much to his game and he's improving with every start. A truly exciting prospect who must be tied down.
Shade
If he gets a couple of assists in each game like he did on Wednesday then I'll be happy with his contribution :P