Games to incentivise ticket sales and attendance boosts

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A much discussed subject and none of the traditional methods we have used to boost gates have worked so I would like to see us do new things. These need to focus on the whole fanbase not individuals and need to engage fans with rewards not just discounts.

I think target based incentive to inspire collective action.

E.g. for a future game the club should set a challenge and reward as follows.

If 4,500 home fans attend the game then:
- Every person who has a ticket stub can choose either a free-ticket or a two-for-price-of-one for the next home game (if it sells out then the game after that).
- A guaranteed two free season tickets to be won by match ticket holders in a draw.
- 5 x flexi ticket packs to be won by match ticket holders in a draw.
- 10 replica shirts to be won by match ticket holders.

If the 4,500 threshold not met, the challenge rolls over to the next home game where the onus is on fans to encourage others to come to meet the target.

I am sure there are other challenged-based of gamification methods to achieve the same outcome. Suggestions welcome and then maybe they can be raised to the FED.
horlickfanclub
Keep playing attacking football and win is a good plan to boost attendances.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Keep playing attacking football and win is a good plan to boost attendances.
Apart from all the people who a) don’t attend so don’t know what football is being played and b) aren’t necessarily interested in forking out the cash anyway.

Attacking winning football is good but people need to be in the ground to see it.

By laying the 4,500 based challenge it incentivises fans who are buying tickets to round-up others to get them along for the first time or to return after many years. Sounds already like you are smirking the challenge and just hoping people increase numbers in dribs and drabs.

That has been tried for years and better football has generally not resulted in better crowds (see Yates play off final season). Time for something different. All a fan has to do is get a mate to come along and they both get a free ticket and a chance to win a season ticket.
horlickfanclub
Some good ideas to try though.Especially in January when cold weather puts some off. But even with a free ticket the best way of developing longer term support is to win and attack. Cup runs make a big difference too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Some good ideas to try though.Especially in January when cold weather puts some off. But even with a free ticket the best way of developing longer term support is to win and attack. Cup runs make a big difference too.
Yes completely agree Horlick. Longer term the action on the pitch and the match day experience are the key ways to grow and maintain attendances.

As you say, the idea I have suggested, and other ideas I hope people contribute to this thread can provide a short-term boost to engage or re-engage supporters. Get 4,500 for a couple of weeks and some of them will come again if the team delivers.
London Exile
What’s happened to the ball boys at games?
Why not create a scheme for local kids teams to be match day ball boys and as part of the package offer discounted tickets to the rest of that age groups within that club? Most of these clubs have teams ranging from 7/8 up to 16.
There’s been a few teams in block 1 of the CF making a noise and if we can get a few of those hooked, then maybe they’ll keep returning with a full paying mum and dad in tow