Common Decency 2-2 Arrogance

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Listening to Cooper on the radio post-match, banging on about his own players making mistakes and it's their faults that they didn't win, not his, and saying we won't get a bigger gift all season - so, so sour and arrogant. He seemed to forget that both of their goals also came from awful errors from us.

Add in Bob Hunt's commentary for the second goal which put "the game beyond doubt"... Ha.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cooper ticked off a few from my “who he will blame” list then.

A complete Bob Hunt.
Shade
Forgot to add that MD was very rational, accepted we were second best overall, was complimentary to FGR, and got distracted at one part where he lost his way and forgot what he was saying as he "got distracted" and "just heard Coops" talking. I can only assume he was distracted by the bile he was spewing.
King giraffe iii
Shade wrote:Listening to Cooper on the radio post-match, banging on about his own players making mistakes and it's their faults that they didn't win, not his, and saying we won't get a bigger gift all season - so, so sour and arrogant. He seemed to forget that both of their goals also came from awful errors from us.

Add in Bob Hunt's commentary for the second goal which put "the game beyond doubt"... Ha.
Cooper shoud be unanimously loved at FGR for what he has achieved, but he isn't. It's never his fault. It's the referee, the fans, this or that. He's a thoroughly arrogant person who I strongly dislike as an individual. He has no humility. Sadly, I think he has a job for life.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:
Shade wrote:Listening to Cooper on the radio post-match, banging on about his own players making mistakes and it's their faults that they didn't win, not his, and saying we won't get a bigger gift all season - so, so sour and arrogant. He seemed to forget that both of their goals also came from awful errors from us.

Cooper shoud be unanimously loved at FGR for what he has achieved, but he isn't. It's never his fault. It's the referee, the fans, this or that. He's a thoroughly arrogant person who I strongly dislike as an individual. He has no humility. Sadly, I think he has a job for life.
As an outsider looking in, I think Cooper has underachieved given the money available. Like if Man City or PSG only made 4th in their leagues. What is the FGR consensus?
Robin
Felt a draw was a fair result on the balance of play, defensive mistakes at fault for all four goals, their keeper saved them once and Flinders saved us once. Must admit at 2-0 down against the run of play I feared for us but we looked the more likely to score once we equalised.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

As an outsider looking in, I think Cooper has underachieved given the money available. Like if Man City or PSG only made 4th in their leagues. What is the FGR consensus?
I think he certainly underachieved last season and, imho, the season before despite promotion. This year we seem to be doing better than I expected.

I think the consensus, certainly among the happy clappy plastics, is that he walks on water.
longmover
just one look at Cooper and you know he never has and never will have any friends. Couldn't believe Bob C#NTs commentary, very tacky 'dig' and made him sound very amateur.
Ben3
Cooper is a chancer who has come across a foolish, millionaire owner and a fan base that knows nothing about football.

The one thing that stops FGR going through the leagues is him and so tonight I raise a glass to him

He's just an idiot. I was in the old stand today and watched his antics...really embarrassing. At one point Duffy was looking at him as his assistant giving them an old fashioned: "Really?" I am sure Micky wakes up at night as sees him in his nightmares and thinks: "Is this what I've sunk to?"
Robin
Credit where it's due he has FGR playing decent football for this league. Yes they are highly bankrolled and unlikely to exist in a few years time, yes they have some odd and rather plastic fans and yes Cooper clearly says a few stupid things but he seems to be doing a good job there in my eyes.
Horteng
One thing that was guaranteed from Cooper was that he wouldn’t give us any praise.
Robin
Does that really matter though? I couldn't care less what he thinks.
asl
Just read the interview with Cooper and he mentioned the chance at the end where one of our players blocked a shot whilst lying on the ground. I must admit, when that happened, I thought there was a hint of handball about it. In fairness to the FGR players, there was only a half-hearted appeal - but it had me concerned for a split second. I guess the ref decided he couldn't get his arm out of the way from that range.
cheltsaxon
Has no class whatsoever so suits fgr down to a tee.