Bob Hunt

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
He has always been a clown, and a pretty unbearable one at that.

"Williams... to put the game beyond doubt..." :lol:

Brilliant. If anyone could report on how he commentated the rest of that game after their second goal, it would add a further sweetener to the evening. Regrettably, BBCRG reverted to Matthews for our goals as it would have been funnier to hear Hunt eat his words.
Horteng
Yes I heard that at the end of the game.

“To put the game beyond doubt”

The bloke is a complete tool and as you say, an irritating one at that.

Glad I don’t have to listen to his drivel every week.

There’s only one thing worse than Bob Hunt is Bob Hunt and Billy Hunt together!

Thank god we have Peter Matthews who I really enjoy listening too.
Red Duke
I happen to listen to Radio Mersey's first commentary of the Liverpool game and it was appalling. Very little description of what was going, no idea where the action was occuring on the pitch , which players were involved too much opinated waffle that told you nothing.

It makes you realise just how good Peter Matthews is as a commentator.
longmover
Red Duke wrote:I happen to listen to Radio Mersey's first commentary of the Liverpool game and it was appalling. Very little description of what was going, no idea where the action was occuring on the pitch , which players were involved too much opinated waffle that told you nothing.

opinionated waffle from Liverpool supporters? Never.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I wish BH would just stick to cricket. The voice of summer in my mind, commentating on Glos from around England.
drgm
His fawning interview with Cooper afterwards made me cringe.

His 'put the game beyond doubt' comment should be played over the tannoy before every home game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
When FGR go belly up and bankrupt they should get the silly Hunt to read out that news every hour for a week.
Nesty
drgm wrote:His fawning interview with Cooper afterwards made me cringe.

His 'put the game beyond doubt' comment should be played over the tannoy before every home game.
must rank along the Radio Northants commentator when we played "that game" at Nene Park "Oh **** they've scored again".
horlickfanclub
Before the match Bob Hunt also claimed that Forest Green had sold out their allocation but there were empty seats amonst the crowd. Fake reporting Bob/OTC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Before the match Bob Hunt also claimed that Forest Green had sold out their allocation but there were empty seats amonst the crowd. Fake reporting Bob/OTC.
The FGR official website etc was reporting that. I think it is clear they sold out the allocation but whatever reason we only allocated 870-odd seats and not the whole stand.
asl
I still think there were more people than seats at the Canteen end of the Hazelwood stand (where the smoke bomb came from.) I'd be interested to see how many people actually went through the turnstiles and I don't think it would be too far short of capacity. I tried counting empty seats at one point and I made it between 20 and 30 (not including the unsold part of block 1.)