FGR fans assaulted

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
SHANDY VOR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:
You sound like Dr. Rhodes Boyson
I try my best.

Still waiting for our Saxon friend to tell us what the FGR fans did to provoke their assailants!
Being Cheltenham they were probably outraged by being in the presence of TKMax branded clothing and the Lidl chic of their menacers. :)
12 year old kids have always stood by the corner shop and hissed at fans from some clubs. Just need to have a couple of police down there and ban them entry into the ground (if they are even interested in going).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cheltsaxon
SHANDY VOR wrote:
I try my best.

Still waiting for our Saxon friend to tell us what the FGR fans did to provoke their assailants!
Rcs wrong and me right no way cant be true? Why will i bother when you dont bwlieve anything i say anyway mr know it all.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:
I try my best.

Being Cheltenham they were probably outraged by being in the presence of TKMax branded clothing and the Lidl chic of their menacers. :)
Sports Direct taking over House of Fraser. Existential crisis.
Ihearye
Read this thread as I sat in the hot tub looking up at the snow. Was concerned, then very comcerned when I saw cheltsaxon defend it. As he defends anything done by the CTFC moron club
cheltsaxon
Ihearye wrote:Read this thread as I sat in the hot tub looking up at the snow. Was concerned, then very comcerned when I saw cheltsaxon defend it. As he defends anything done by the CTFC moron club
How the hell have i defended it you wally?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
cheltsaxon wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Read this thread as I sat in the hot tub looking up at the snow. Was concerned, then very comcerned when I saw cheltsaxon defend it. As he defends anything done by the CTFC moron club
How the hell have i defended it you wally?!
I assume Ihearye interpreted your haste to gloss over the incident as not vicious and justiifying it by saying the FGR fan provoked it as defending it, as did I.
cheltsaxon
Well then you have it wrong, pretty sure i said it was disgusting and wrong? Just saying before everybody starts getting on our own fans backs that i saw it with my own eyes and both sides were as bad as each other it wasnt just a random attack.
Alf
It’s all a bit pathetic. There is no history of serious rivalry between the two clubs until very recently when this whole rivalry thing was manufactured. I know many Cheltenham supporters who went to Wembley to support FGR in the FA Vase final in the early 1980’s and on other occasions. There was also a contingent of FGR fans there when we won in 98. It is a small minority of non football fans who are jumping on the bandwagon, getting far too much publicity and need sorting out. Being aggressive little arseholes does not make you proper football fans.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:It’s all a bit pathetic. There is no history of serious rivalry between the two clubs until very recently when this whole rivalry thing was manufactured. I know many Cheltenham supporters who went to Wembley to support FGR in the FA Vase final in the early 1980’s and on other occasions. There was also a contingent of FGR fans there when we won in 98. It is a small minority of non football fans who are jumping on the bandwagon, getting far too much publicity and need sorting out. Being aggressive little arseholes does not make you proper football fans.
Indeed. I don’t class them as fans to be honest.

A fan supports the team and does their best to generate positivity about the team. Loitering outside pubs and corner shops shouting at passers-by is just antisocial thuggery, and in fact paints the club in a bad light so is the opposite of supporting the club.

Now if the chavs of Cheltenham want to fight the chavs of Stroud we can’t stop them, but it would be good if they did it on a non-match day and in a location with no passers-by so that normal people aren’t caught up in it.