Generating sound from fans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

alwaysarobin
There has been a thought from our chairman about a different roof at the Prestbury Road end to help the noise generated from fans to be heard around the ground better. I have a cunning idea. Until the new roof is designed and fitted we could put some hidden microphones in the current roof and have them linked to speakers on the roof, turn up the volume and hey presto, singing heard across the ground!! It's doable I reckon.
cheltsaxon
I was in paddock yesterday and the cng seemed very quiet the ffr fans were loud immediately after they scored but fell silent when we did, sooner we raise he roof the better.
Lord Elpuz
Do hidden microphes fall foul of privacy laws?

Would amplified sound fall foul of permitted noise levels?

Just asking, as I don’t know for sure.
alwaysarobin
I doubt we would be louder than Craig David, Steps or Blue. Perhaps not hide the microphones. Sorted
vickeryc
If the plan is simply to raise the Prestbury end roof, then I think it's a waste of money. The money would be far better spent by being put towards replacing the outdated main stand.
London Exile
I hope it isn’t just a case of raising the roof but redoing the whole PRE.
No reason it can’t be done on a budget with the modular types of stands that are becoming common in the lower leagues.
I doubt we’ll see a new main stand in the next few years
ctfc-fan
London Exile wrote:I hope it isn’t just a case of raising the roof but redoing the whole PRE.
No reason it can’t be done on a budget with the modular types of stands that are becoming common in the lower leagues.
I doubt we’ll see a new main stand in the next few years
Wasn’t it built the way it is due to the stream behind/underneath? Could be it’s not such a cheap job to change it.
alwaysarobin
When the PRE was redeveloped the initial plan was for a cantilever roof but as the previous post states this could not be done due to the ground and stream behind that area.