Midfielder staying on

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Until the end of the season: http://bit.ly/MidfielderStaying" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Clements. Hot dog.
Robin
Wasn't impressed with him at the start but feel he's earnt the extension with recent performances. I do feel central midfield is a space we need to add a quality player still though.
paperboy
Robin wrote:Wasn't impressed with him at the start but feel he's earnt the extension with recent performances. I do feel central midfield is a space we need to add a quality player still though.
..agree as he and Thomas are similar standard.
Guess it depends if we could get better for the money.
Joe Morrell would be good IMO but he's in City's match day squad now.
Robin
I'd take Morrell back here and would be worth investing a smallish fee if we can do it from the Eisa down payment still to come.
Lord Elpuz
I’m really pleased with this. His confidence has grown along with his performances and he’s proven to a very decent player.

I’ve said elsewhere that we would be silly to dismantle the current squad - because it is working. You only have to look at the current form table. Michael Duff has now gone on record to say that it’s a really likeable group of players all on the same wavelength, who all want to get the best out of one another. Comradeship and a happy group is key.
horlickfanclub
I would not pay money for Morrell. There are plenty who will be available for nothing soon.He went sideways and was a bit lightweight for me.
Good news on Clements.He has got better with time and is creative.
Robin
Morrell is an improvement on Thomas, Clements and maybe Dawson in central midfield in my opinion.
Shade
Morrell has only made one appearance for City this season, apparently. I wouldn't say he's an improvement on Clements in centre mid but he has age on his side, 22 v 28. He should be better than Clements when he's in his prime. Thomas is hit and miss and Dawson isn't really a centre mid.
Robin
I can't see Dawson play too much unless it's right wing back until Long is fit. He's a decent option from the bench though.