Some thoughts on the 1-0 defeat at Crawley Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsCrawley19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coops
That was the first away loss this season, against a team in the bottom half of the table!
Nesty
seeing that MD is saying that there is no money I am afraid we arent out of the woods yet
Hubert Parry
Nesty wrote:seeing that MD is saying that there is no money I am afraid we arent out of the woods yet
Where has he said this?
little mo
Hubert Parry wrote:
Nesty wrote:seeing that MD is saying that there is no money I am afraid we arent out of the woods yet
Where has he said this?
Hubert, he has not said that at all. Robin wrote on another thread that MD had said this,but nobody can find the said quote.
Hubert Parry
little mo wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:
Where has he said this?
Hubert, he has not said that at all. Robin wrote on another thread that MD had said this,but nobody can find the said quote.
Precisely. This is how fake news spreads.
kiaora84
little mo wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:
Where has he said this?
It was during the radio interview apparently. If that is the case then the term ‘no money’ doesn’t mean no more wage budget etc it probably means we don’t have 250k to spend on one player.
Alf
We did well in two thirds of the pitch but showed a lack of imagination and quality in the final third.
There is still a bit of work for Michael to do but I think he will probably feel that it’s a game we could have easily won. Can’t understand why refs are so keen to give penalties for the slightest misdemeanours, unless they are being encouraged to do so to create more goals. It only needs someone to fart in the penalty area and everyone’s screaming for a pen.
andgarod
But the lino cannot see a defender with 2 arms wrapped around him at a corner
VAR would have had a field day
Nor could the ref see a 2 handed push on a player with the ball
Shade
Ugh, he does move his hand. Pointless, as he wasn't really going to be threatening the goal with the direction the ball was going and other players coming back.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Ugh, he does move his hand. Pointless, as he wasn't really going to be threatening the goal with the direction the ball was going and other players coming back.
Sometimes instinct and subconscious reaction takes over.
Another_FoD_Robin
I agree with RCS on this one.... we had plenty of time to get back into the game and we didn't.
shevates
Lots of possession but little creativity in the final third of the pitch, especially down the right wing as addai and then broom constantly got to the bye line but the cross was sub standard. Disappointing we came home with nothing, deserved at least a point.
Shade
At the same time, it sounds like we were unlucky not to get an equaliser in a game of few chances, with one cleared off the line. Sounds like we had a decent amount of play too but Crawley are no mugs at home so it was never going to be another Yeovil-style goal-fest.
shevates
One thing I meant to mention, great support 216 of us, a good turn out by our london and SE supporters