Doidge returns to FGR.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Expect promotion for the housing estate up on the hill.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... est-green/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben3
Wake up mal I told you all this weeks ago!! I didn’t foresee the Bolton situation so thought it was a loan-back they were discussing

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=25907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horteng
Zzzzz another FGR thread
Robin
Surely they are going to be in trouble with financial fair play unless they can find a buyer for Doidge this month who I highly doubt is interested in coming back to league two now.
paperboy
Robin wrote:Surely they are going to be in trouble with financial fair play unless they can find a buyer for Doidge this month who I highly doubt is interested in coming back to league two now.
He cannot play for more than two clubs this season, which is why DV says he is overjoyed at coming back to FGR.
I am sure there was a good reason,but it's difficult to understand why FGR were still paying his wages.

Dale clearly didn't do due diligence on the Bolton chairman and has now been found with his pants down.
Robin
Standard practice for loans the parent club continues to pay their wages and the host club are invoiced for cost based on the agreed percentage. For example I've heard Maddox basic wage is higher than any other player at our club but we are only paying a proportion.
Ben3
So Dale Vince has only just heard about this, but I told everyone about it on 20th December :?:
asl
Ben3 wrote:So Dale Vince has only just heard about this, but I told everyone about it on 20th December :?:
So he might just have been having a cuppa with an old mate, is what you're saying...?
Shade
1 goal in 17 appearances (8 starts, 9 sub). Hardly setting the Championship alight, was he. They might get a L1 club come in for him.
Red Duke
Shade wrote:1 goal in 17 appearances (8 starts, 9 sub). Hardly setting the Championship alight, was he. They might get a L1 club come in for him.
May be not possible as FIFA rules state taht you can only feature in matches for 2 clubs in the same season.
Shade
Good point. Forgot about that stupid rule.
Robin
Red Duke wrote:
Shade wrote:1 goal in 17 appearances (8 starts, 9 sub). Hardly setting the Championship alight, was he. They might get a L1 club come in for him.
May be not possible as FIFA rules state taht you can only feature in matches for 2 clubs in the same season.
Isn't that permament transfers and not loans?
Si Robin
It never used to count for short-term loans (the old emergency loan - maximum of 93 days) - but for long loans (window to window) it did.
longmover
The most nauseating thing about this is as a result of DV comments (desperately trying to hide his lack of due diligence on Bolton, where in the hell would they have got £1 million from??) FGR have garnered support from 'other' clubs who have sympathy with them. DV playing the small club on the hill card to a 'T'
Another_FoD_Robin
Couldn't agree more Longmover especially when it comes to he puts the majority of debt against his business..... How are they going to by pass FFP rules now?
longmover
He also had the cheek to comment on how the EFL should look into the financial side of clubs and their financial 'means', quite unbelievable.
Another_FoD_Robin
I read that it was beyond laughable.... He really is clueless at times....
shevates
Im sure if this wasnt DV and FGR supporters views may be totally different. What Bolton have done from what I read is totally out of order, I for one am totally piiisssed of with clubs like Bolton who get into financial difficulties and continue to trade as if nothing has happened.
Since we became a football league club the number of clubs that have had debts written off and have improved their league status after is unbelievable, where us at CTFC seem to run a reasonable steady financial ship (apart from 2 seasons) it just seems totally unfair im my eyes that they continually get away with it.
horlickfanclub
I agree Shevates. I remember Walsall raising similar points when they struggled honestly and got relegated while clubs around them abused the system.
Alf
shevates wrote:Im sure if this wasnt DV and FGR supporters views may be totally different. What Bolton have done from what I read is totally out of order, I for one am totally piiisssed of with clubs like Bolton who get into financial difficulties and continue to trade as if nothing has happened.
Since we became a football league club the number of clubs that have had debts written off and have improved their league status after is unbelievable, where us at CTFC seem to run a reasonable steady financial ship (apart from 2 seasons) it just seems totally unfair im my eyes that they continually get away with it.
Totally agree.
theidlerich
Governance at EFL should also be under scrutiny, perhaps more so than the clubs . They appear, in their decision making, to lack consistency. The term fit for purpose comes to mind [-rather like our current Government!]!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:Im sure if this wasnt DV and FGR supporters views may be totally different. What Bolton have done from what I read is totally out of order, I for one am totally piiisssed of with clubs like Bolton who get into financial difficulties and continue to trade as if nothing has happened.
No different from big business and politics in the U.K: failure is rewarded.

Whether leaders of failed businesses getting knighthoods or golden hellos at another business or hapless MPs being moved upwards into a different department after failing at one, Britain is dominated by cronyism and old boys club. People vote for it and accept in society and economy so hypocritical to say it shouldn’t be allowed in football.
shevates
Where did i say it should be allowed in business ? I find it totally out of order that top business men get rewarded with bonuses and knighthoods for failures. My attitude is if you cant afford it go without
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:Where did i say it should be allowed in business ? I find it totally out of order that top business men get rewarded with bonuses and knighthoods for failures. My attitude is if you cant afford it go without
I didn’t mean you personally said that. Just that society as whole accepts it.
Robin
The thing is it's a relatively small number of clubs like Bolton, Bury, Swindon who seem to do it continually and get away with it.
Shade
At least the whole saga has allowed Vince to bring up his favourite subject - talking about taking legal action against another club.

According to the Bolton chairman, they've done nothing wrong and stuck to the agreement they had in place, no infringements. If that's the case, FGR have been naieve and greedy, allowing Bolton to have the player until January with the promise of a bigger sum then than they would have potentially received in one go back in August from someone else.
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
No different from big business and politics in the U.K: failure is rewarded.

Whether leaders of failed businesses getting knighthoods or golden hellos at another business or hapless MPs being moved upwards into a different department after failing at one, Britain is dominated by cronyism and old boys club. People vote for it and accept in society and economy so hypocritical to say it shouldn’t be allowed in football.

So true - but this happens in any enterprise, whether Politics [obvious currently], Medicine, Education, Industry, Media in fact everywhere! Very few have the 'guts' to cull or place lower on 'said' pecking order!

That said - methinks this thread is slowly getting getting hijacked! But Governance, especially at Footy clubs is sadly very poor and basically hijacked by 'potential get rich quick' kudos merchants full of bluff and bluster [back to politicians again...sorry]!
Nesty
he he !! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46813409" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

one of the strangest men !! you aint kidding
asl
"We are thinking about printing our own which will say 'Yes We Ken' and we will donate all proceeds to those employees of Ecotricity (a green energy company owned by Vince) who were made redundant."

:lol:
Ralph
And "l can only imagine it's his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame and as much free publicity as possible," he added.

"He's probably achieved more air time and press coverage over the last few days than ever before. Good luck with that and well done."

Pretty accurate assumption from Ken there

I'd rather donate to Kens idea and help all those that Dale fired from Ecotricity to feed his marketing tool aka FGR
Del Boy
Ralph wrote:And "l can only imagine it's his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame and as much free publicity as possible," he added.

"He's probably achieved more air time and press coverage over the last few days than ever before. Good luck with that and well done."

I'd rather donate to Kens idea and help all those that Dale fired from Ecotricity to feed his marketing tool aka FGR
I'm not sure Ken is some sort of hero, to be honest.
leohoenig
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben3
Blimey you lot are behind the curve!!!! Keep up

See my post 7th January. You think Vince was telling the truth when he was so surprised and offended by this? Do you really??????

If, on 20th December, I thought this was happening, then do you really believe Vince's spin about being the damaged party?

I suggest this may run and run...
Ralph
Del Boy wrote:
Ralph wrote:And "l can only imagine it's his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame and as much free publicity as possible," he added.

I'm not sure Ken is some sort of hero, to be honest.
Didn't say he was did i? I just think DV is as low as you can go
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
“Anderson’s backstory was not encouraging. In September 2005 he was disqualified from being a company director for eight years after his firm Professional Sports International Ltd, and seven other of his companies, went bust. The official Insolvency Service notice stated that Anderson had failed to ensure his companies paid VAT, then failed to cooperate with liquidators. At PSI, “Mr Anderson diverted/sought to divert PSI’s funds by depositing them into a personal bank account in his own name and invoicing in the name of another connected company.”

The notice stated that the Official Receiver had obtained an arrest warrant against Anderson when he failed to appear to be examined about one company’s finances.”

With a track record like that he should be in line for a £14m government Brexit related contract directly awarded without being publicly advertised with no ability to provide any service.