Doidge returns to FGR.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree Shevates. I remember Walsall raising similar points when they struggled honestly and got relegated while clubs around them abused the system.
Thirded.

Leicester were a major culprit back in 2002. Which is why I think I was one of the few people in the country who begrudged them their title win.

And Bradford were probably the worst back around the same time. They continued to pay £40k a week to one of their 'star' players while defaulting on payments to St John's Ambulance (which is particularly sickening because St John's were the first responders during the Valley Parade fire disaster in 1985).
longmover
The FA look after their own.
Chris FGR
Ultimately, ignoring all the pathetic tit for tat the main thing here is that both clubs and the player will have entered into a legally binding contract. If the terms of that contract were breached, which shouldn't be difficult to prove then I think we're perfectly entitled to call the deal off. The allegation that we were paying his wages for the last 4 months has not been disputed by Anderson, from what I can tell. Add that to the fact that they have seen another loan to buy deal collapse due to non payments during the same period and you have to say it doesn't look good from their perspective.

Btw not keen on this PR stunt by DV with the t-shirts free beers etc. Should have left it at the original statement.
Shade
When one dodgy owner meets another dodgy owner, sparks fly
Jerry St Clair
Quite a few Bolton fans at TNL yesterday at the invitation of Dale. Quite an amusing (if surreal) little vlog including an interview with the man himself at 2:30 mins in.

Also a little dust up between Bolton and Bury fans in the FGR end after the FGR goal (at 7:00 mins if you like that sort of thing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyQxCcUgqY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
Love it how he says Anderson is crooked yet FGR clearly breaking the FFP rules.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Love it how he says Anderson is crooked yet FGR clearly breaking the FFP rules.
I suspect that is why DV is threatening court action; if FGR were relying on that million to be FFP compliant and as a result of Bolton withdrawing FGR are now in breach then it could have repercussions.