Tyrone Barnett

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here discussing his permanent move to Cheltenham from Port Vale: http://bit.ly/BarnettPermanent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Hat-trick for Tyrone v Port Vale when the game comes around.
kiaora84
Great to see/hear he’s being used to help Bower. Like I am sure Luke Varney is to George Lloyd.

Seems to be a recurring theme with bower that he is highly rated but isn’t seen as aggressive enough. One thing that I have heard of Poch doing with young players who are similar, is to introduce mixed material arts training into their programmes.

He believes it gives confidence to the young players to use their body to dominate an opponent and bring out their natural aggression but in a controlled manner.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kiaora84 wrote:Great to see/hear he’s being used to help Bower. Like I am sure Luke Varney is to George Lloyd.

Seems to be a recurring theme with bower that he is highly rated but isn’t seen as aggressive enough. One thing that I have heard of Poch doing with young players who are similar, is to introduce mixed material arts training into their programmes.

He believes it gives confidence to the young players to use their body to dominate an opponent and bring out their natural aggression but in a controlled manner.
Not sure a primary school style collage session is going to help....though be interesting to see what Bower can do with a tube of pritt-stick, some pieces of denim, glitter and magazine cuttings.

;) ;)

I know really what you mean and I agree that MMA would be something to look at. Not just aggression but good for flexibility, core strength and explosive muscle movements too.
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
kiaora84 wrote:Great to see/hear he’s being used to help Bower. Like I am sure Luke Varney is to George Lloyd.

Not sure a primary school style collage session is going to help....though be interesting to see what Bower can do with a tube of pritt-stick, some pieces of denim, glitter and magazine cuttings.

;) ;)

I know really what you mean and I agree that MMA would be something to look at. Not just aggression but good for flexibility, core strength and explosive muscle movements too.
Not sure he’d get his knees under a primary school desk.