Forster

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Does anyone know how Jordan is, it was obviously a bad injury, they took him out of the ground on a stretcher?
Nesty
not serious apparently , clash of heads - could just be concussion according to JP
Player2 Has Joined
Think Duff said he was up and about in his post game interview
Malabus
If it is concussion then he can’t play for seven days. So maybe a doubt for next Saturday.
It did look serious yesterday and I was concerned.
Nesty
we already have Barnett out for 4-6 weeks, I would suggest MD needs to sign 2 players and send some of the defenders sat in the stand out
Robin
Who would you send out? I can only assume Bower from the current squad given we released Alcock.

We need an experienced central midfielder and possibly now another powerful striker (likely a kid).
little mo
Robin wrote:Who would you send out? I can only assume Bower from the current squad given we released Alcock.

We need an experienced central midfielder and possibly now another powerful striker (likely a kid).
When did we release Alcock? He was on the bench yesterday.
asl
Interview with Duff post-match.
longmover
I noticed that the thug 'Smith' (no 10) who clattered Forster faked an injury so he could be removed from play
Robin
What are the thoughts on Forster would you offer him a new deal or is Raglan here as his replacement? I'd be happy to give him another year myself.
Lord Elpuz
Robin wrote:What are the thoughts on Forster would you offer him a new deal or is Raglan here as his replacement? I'd be happy to give him another year myself.
Keep him. He’s a battler and a hard man and doesn’t take any nonsense from the big strikers unless they have to nut him to get him off their case. He was superb in the second half v MK Dons over the Christmas period. Our fans also need to recall that Forster has come back from an injury that often puts footballers out of the game permanently. I think Forster has improved a great deal over the season so far, it was bound to take him a while after that year out.
Robin
Looking at our squad for the summer we have the following out of contract:
Clements - Release (hope we can bring in better although I prefer him to Thomas as a squad player)
Addai - Keep
Barnett - 50/50
Varney - Keep (if he wants to play one more year)
Forster - Keep
Broom - Keep but I guess is leaving.
Lovett - 50/50
Atangana - Keep (if we are confident with his fitness)

We also have Raglan who appears to be here with a view to a permanent deal. Will be nice to reach a summer and not need a huge upheaval instead focus on bringing in 4-5 players who can cement a top half finish next season.
Artemis
Are there any others in their final year?

Flinders?
Boyle?
Dawson?
Robin
Dawson is the other one, he's probably 50/50 in my view. Fairly sure Flinders and Boyle have another year to go.
Artemis
Dawson changed the game in Saturday, in a central midfield role. He and Clements should be in there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Of course we keep Forster.

Playing three at the back means we need five CBs in the squad.

Mullins (age and injury prone)
Boyle
Tozer (might be needed in CM)
Forster
Bower (if good enough)

If Raglan is available then maybe we get rid of one of them.

Raglan was the only positive in the Carlisle game for me. Made on tackle that looked just like “that tackle” by Moore. And his blocks. Definitely straight in the first team if available to sign.
little mo
Thought Raglan looked a good player on Saturday.
little mo
Thought Raglan looked a good player on Saturday
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Of course we keep Forster.

Boyle
Forster
Bower (if good enough)

Raglan was the only positive in the Carlisle game for me. Made on tackle that looked just like “that tackle” by Moore. And his blocks. Definitely straight in the first team if available to sign.
Bit harsh on Hussey who was outstanding at Carlisle. But Raglan, that back pass to Flinders and some questionable clearance attempts on Saturday aside,
has looked pretty good so far, and has already opened his goalscoring account of course.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Of course we keep Forster.

Boyle
Forster
Bower (if good enough)

Bit harsh on Hussey who was outstanding at Carlisle. But Raglan, that back pass to Flinders and some questionable clearance attempts on Saturday aside,
has looked pretty good so far, and has already opened his goalscoring account of course.
I am not classing Hussey as a CB.

Yes he filled in there (a couple of mistakes, including the first goal) but he is a LB. Our best player by a mile in my opinion, and as much as he tries to win games on his own, the lack of attacking nous to convert his barrage of crosses and through balls means he doesn’t have as many assists as his quality play warrants m.
Shade
I was just going by your "Raglan was the only positive in the Carlisle game for me" comment. I didn't realise that was only referring to centre backs.