Alex Addai

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Another barn storming performance, ran himself to exhaustion charging down the left hand-side in the dying seconds. Also watching him in the warm up he can belt the ball. he should be over the ball for close range free kicks.
Robin
We need to be giving him a new deal along with Broom and potentially Forster in my opinion. I guess we cannot commit right now whilst there is still a risk we get sucked back into the relegation battle.
Lord Elpuz
Agreed. Addai was very impressive in the warm-up with his shooting and looked well up for it, and had an excellent game. He was player of the month for December when we picked up loads of points. He seemed to have been lower down the pecking order come January and our points tally dried up. No coincidence that he’s back in the starting 11 and turns in another superb performance that gains us 3 points. He terrifies opponents as they cannot cope with his pace. He chased a long diagonal ball played into the corner late in the game v Macclesfield - a ball he had no right to win as the defender had a 20 metre start on him, but Alex got there first! He must be one of the fastest players in the FL. He lay flat on the pitch at the end because he’d given his all. What a player.
longmover
he could barely stand just before the final whistle went
little mo
I thought Alex was superb, that much pace at this level is unheard of. If we don't tie him down with a new contract there will be no shortage of takers for his services.
Shade
One of my favourite things about him is his enthusiasm when we score. Not only when he's been involved, but when he set up the winner he sprinted back towards our half and jumped about 10 feet in the air (only a slight exaggeration!) with a fist pump.
Malabus
Addai brilliant on Saturday, great find by the Johnsons.
paperboy
Malabus wrote:Addai brilliant on Saturday, great find by the Johnsons.
Ha ha - yes!

Saturday was his best performance over 90 minutes.
Yes he'll do silly things at times,but pace frightens defenders.
He doesn't suit Duffos possession based football,but has slowly changed his mind.
If MD had a choice of marking Tyrone or Alex I suspect he'd choose Tyrone.