Deadline day

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
That video says nothing OTC. Stale isn’t exactly going to say “yes” on record is he and admit to any foul play!

I make the average attendance to be about 63,748 (just from a quick glance at one site) and let’s take an average ticket at £12 as I don’t know the breakdown of children, adults, OAPs and ST holders. That’s £765,000 income per year from ticket sales. As 55% is used as the figure for spend on wages then FGR I’m sure would be very close or break this if it wasn’t for Stale and Egotricity pumping money in then I’m sure there would be trouble and if they ever up sticks then I’m afraid your club is dead.
ctfc-fan
The Old TomCat wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:Balance sheets for both FGR and Ecotricity should make interesting reading this year when their accounts are published. If I was an Ecotricity employee right now, I’d be looking for another job. If I was a decent and loyal Forest Green Rovers supporter, I’d be looking to change my power supplier to Ecotricity ;)
Latest accounts at Companies House contradict your alarmist post.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [Ecotricity]
A check on latest returns at Companies House show a healthy profit of £1/2 million.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [FGR]
Latest returns at Companies House show a profit of just below £1/2 million.
Show me the profit figure please OTC. All I see is a declining balance sheet...
leohoenig
The returns make interesting reading and show that FFP rules are not an issue
You have to remember that unlike the Premier League, the club is allowed to receive subsidies from outside as "advertising" and this can be taken as income. The fact that the club owns shares in a non-footballing enterprise is also an interesting way of bumping up the figures.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:Balance sheets for both FGR and Ecotricity should make interesting reading this year when their accounts are published. If I was an Ecotricity employee right now, I’d be looking for another job. If I was a decent and loyal Forest Green Rovers supporter, I’d be looking to change my power supplier to Ecotricity ;)
Latest accounts at Companies House contradict your alarmist post.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [Ecotricity]
A check on latest returns at Companies House show a healthy profit of £1/2 million.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [FGR]
Latest returns at Companies House show a profit of just below £1/2 million.
leohoenig wrote:The returns make interesting reading and show that FFP rules are not an issue
You have to remember that unlike the Premier League, the club is allowed to receive subsidies from outside as "advertising" and this can be taken as income. The fact that the club owns shares in a non-footballing enterprise is also an interesting way of bumping up the figures.
The point I am making here is that it will be interesting to see this years accounts for both FGR and Ecotricity. The links that OTC provides are accounts up to April 2018. They are almost a year out of date. In this time we have seen Ecotricity issue an email statement to staff that got leaked to the press about poor decisions having been made that have cost some Ecotricity staff their jobs.

In the meantime it has been said that all of Ecotricity’s profits are being sunk into Forest Green Rovers. The truth of that should come out in this years accounts of both groups, and that’s what I am interested in seeing. If it is indeed the case that Ecotricity are not making any profit outside of ‘investment’ in FGR, then its a house built on sand, especially when reading the customer complaints about Ecotricity’s poor customer service, and then there’s the expensive tariffs - that even their supposedly most loyal fans of FGR won’t pay! The futility of not buying into Ecotricity by FGR fans may come back to bite their bottoms if the profits drop to a level that cannot sustain either group.

And then of course there’s the Doidge debacle to factor in, too.
drgm
It's all smoke and mirrors

Look at Lincoln City. Their attendances are four times higher than FGR. They have one of the best young
managers in football. Despite this they are only a few points ahead of FGR

FGR may well comply with FFP rules, that's not the issue. The issue is there are large sums of
money being pumped in by other means which are not really sustainable. Especially once Ecotricity
are no longer there

The sense of entitlement on their forum is staggering. Enjoy it while you can boys.
The Old TomCat
Okay, I'm calling it a day on this thread.
It seems you guys just like an argument despite me answering what's been asked.
DV is confident of the future of both Ecotricity and FGR and both companies are in the black.
So yes I am enjoying the ride: FGR are 4th in table and SkyBet are predicting them for automatic promotion. :D
Everything in the garden is looking rosy with even Cheltenham looking safe from relegation.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:Okay, I'm calling it a day on this thread.
DV is confident of the future of both Ecotricity and FGR and both companies are in the black.
So yes I am enjoying the ride: FGR are 4th in table and SkyBet are predicting them for automatic promotion. :D
Everything in the garden is looking rosy with even Cheltenham looking safe from relegation.
If there was a blue pen with blue ink but DV said it was red I assume you would argue it was red just because DV says so.
ctfc-fan
Oh my OTC.... Do you even understand accounting?? FGR Ltd has P&L Account Reserves of -£12m. That’s not exactly ‘in the black’....
Lord Elpuz
The myopic view of believing everything ostensibly visible, is clearly shared by SkyBet. SkyBet will make their predictions based solely on the form of both the team predicted to make an automatic promotion slot, balanced against the form of the other teams yet to play against them. But that does not make it a fact until it happens. There are plenty of cuckoos who stand around in high streets up and down the country with their placards predicting “the end of the world is nigh” but it is those who believe them that are the bigger cuckoos.

And back to SkyBet for a moment, their predictions (like all bookies) are generally made without any potential knowledge of events behind the scenes, such as a run of bad injuries, bans, suspensions, sudden manager departures, unwelcome investigations, benefactor bankruptcies, or whatever, because they probably will not know that - therefore the SkyBet view that a team will attain an automatic promotion position is simply just a prediction, and not a fact, or even bound to happen.

The best way of boosting Forest Green Rovers’ chances of continuing to operate as a full time professional football club, is for all their supporters to take their power supplies from Ecotricity, because if they don’t, they will become victims of their own stupidity and ignorance. You have to feed the monster so as not to be consumed by it.