Darren Way's views

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/WayBlastsOfficials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Not sure what to make of that whilst I have no idea why the first Yeovil "goal" was disallowed you'd have to have been looking somewhere else to have any complaints over the red card. The guy left the ground with two feet and made a scissor motion, as soon as it happened I turned to my friend and said well he's off, surely the ref cannot bottle that. To be honest if I was a Yeovil fan I'd be seething with that player because he cost them any chance of winning the game.

I thought Yeovil played ok last night otherwise but they certainly never dominated, their clearly not a good team but were on top up until the sending off and if they play like that you'd imagine they will scrape to safety.
Shade
Having now seen the incident I would be amazed if the red card is overturned. Way says that the surface was wet as an excuse, but that also means a player should know not to throw himself in two footed, and mostly from behind as well.
paperboy
The defender was trying to take Alex out before he went into the box to avoid a penalty being awarded, realised his right leg might not be enough and so scissored him with his left.

...two-footed, studs up and out of control-all good reasons why it should be overturned :!: :roll:
joes dad
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... 1-0-yeovil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will be amazed if red card is overturned.
Robin
Indeed if they challenge that they will surely see the ban lengthened.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Way is a hapless fool who only gets his contract renewed because of the gutless Chairman. Each time the Chairman decides not to sack him the closer the club get to relegation. Only a matter of time until the worst manager in the League is managing his team in non-league. The only Way for Yeovil is relegation if Darren stays in charge.

Ignore and dismiss Way’s comments as a deluded no-hoper who has been out of his depth for too long.
Shade
Anyone know what Way said to get himself sent off. Saw a tweet from Mark Halliwell saying he read his lips and it was a deserved sending off.
kora
4 game ban for James as it was his second red of the season so they obviously didn't risk an extra game for a failed appeal.