Some thoughts on the 3-0 defeat at Colchester United

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5thingsColU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
worst display since he took over. its still better than before and we need to get back to winning ways
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:worst display since he took over. its still better than before and we need to get back to winning ways
We were never carved up 3-before Duff arrived. At least under Milton we scored vs Colchester and the rest of the defeats before then were tight 1-0s including one where we battered the opponents for 30 mins before fading and one where we missed a late penalty to equalise.

So yes, whilst on the whole we are much better under Duff and the improvement has been great to see and we must pleased with Duff’s appointment to date, it is a bit far fetched and revisionist to say yesterday was better than under Johnson and Milton.
Nesty
Nesty wrote:worst display since he took over. its still better than before and we need to get back to winning ways
I didnt put it very well, I meant overall we are better than before.............
kags
Imperative we get Will Boyle back fit and starting. Forster the most obvious candidate to make way.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:
I didnt put it very well, I meant overall we are better than before.............
Yes, completely agree Nesty.

And the point above re: Boyle. Interesting and it does look like we are missing him. The reverse of positive impact made as soon as he signed.
Horteng
Something is seriously wrong given we can play that bad. I don’t buy the gulf in teams at top and bottom of the league

Anyone can beat anyone but we only managed to scrape past 10 men on 2 occasions against teams below us. VERY LUCKY it would appear

Duff seriously needs to get to the bottom of the inconsistency in the players/ team. It’s all getting a bit tedious now listening to the interviews etc then they turn up on a sat and get rolled over that easily

Where was Mullins? How far away is Boyle? Straight answers please Michael
Shade
I seem to remember a 4-0 hammering at FGR which was treated as a first team game...
paperboy
...Chelsea got hammered 6-0 by Man City. Their fans are probably asking similar questions.

It happens,get over it and move on.