Grimsby Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/GrimsbyAway19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
Three changes:
Pring for Forster
Maddox for Clements
Thomas for Broom

enforced ?
Ben3
I’d suggest we’ve seen Jordan forster’s last start for ctfc, esp with Boyle coming back into the squad
Nesty
Waters and Duku on
Alf
Sterile up front again. We hardly created a decent chance.
Horteng
It’s so grim at the moment

No fight, no quality

Struggling to create a chance on goal let alone an actual goal

There seems to be a very stale, flat feeling around the club at the moment

Personally really missing Paul Baker. New chairman is anonymous
Nesty
Horteng wrote:It’s so grim at the moment

No fight, no quality

who is the new chairman ??
Ben3
We need to just get over the line this season. Terrible injuries, some terrible signings, relying on a few sub-standard regulars.

If we can just stay up then the future will be bright. I think we will
Alf
Was the signing of several players on expensive two year contracts down to the current Chairman? Just asking?
Robin
For what ever reason the feel good factor has gone again. We had built up some momentum towards the end of 2018 went into 2019 looking towards mid-table then since then we've gone backwards quite alarmingly winning only two games, one against a side who've been in the relegation spots all season and the other against a woeful and relegation bound Yeovil. I know we have injuries to key players but something just isn't clicking now and I can sadly see us just scrapping over the line the way things are going.
Robin
Alf wrote:Sterile up front again. We hardly created a decent chance.

You have to blame the supply for that Connor Thomas at wing back is never going to create much, Maddox seemingly anonymous too.
art vandalay
We're a shadow of the side we were in Nov & Dec. Stand out players then were Nige, Addai & Broom, all with energy & creativity. Two now out for the season and the other has completely lost form.
Robin
I feel that is the problem Art, we are missing our supply line. Broom seems to have had his head turned and downed tools, Addai injured for the season, Maddox out of form so we don't have options. Tilson so far looks a poor mans Atangana too.
Benctfc
It really is depressing we have had to endure another season of having to constantly look over our shoulders. Our last 4 seasons in the league we have finished 17th,23rd,21st,17th and again unlikely to finish much higher than 20th its enough to make even the most loyal of supporters fed up. It's not sustainable to continue on in that manner something has to change what that is im not sure. I am really finding it hard to bring myself to games at the moment as it is just not enjoyable. I don't blame Duff for this btw he has been dealt an awful hand and has a massive task of lifting a club that is at the moment drifting back towards the national league.
Nesty
just seen the sky highlights, looked a soft penalty , otherwise we would have held them.
little mo
Well what a god awful game that was, played by two p!## poor teams who could not string two passes together between them.
Duffo said it was an improvement on the Colchester game, well thank Christ I couldn't make that one then.
Robin
I reckon we've been poor now for a couple of months, I missed Macc but we were poor vs Yeovil and they are our only wins in 2019.
Alf
little mo wrote:Well what a god awful game that was, played by two p!## poor teams who could not string two passes together between them.
Duffo said it was an improvement on the Colchester game, well thank Christ I couldn't make that one then.
Colchester were a far better side than Grimsby.
Shade
It was all on an upward curve until we won at Yeovil. 2 things stand out from that, one being the injury to Atangana who was getting better and better with every game and had even scored a couple of goals. The second being we scored 4 goals. Whenever we score 4 goals and aren't looking toward promotion we turn to s#!t for at least a couple of weeks. That mixed with Broom not looking the same player since coming back from injury and the loss of Addai's pace and we're three important players down. I've now seen Varney and Tillson are doubtful for tomorrow night as well which means we might end up with an attacking line up consisting of Maddox (1 goal), Duku (1 goal), Waters (0 goals) Bingham (0 goals). I think we could do worse than get George Lloyd back, tbh. And even though I don't rate him much, we've got to start Waters against one of the clubs he failed at.
drgm
Horteng wrote:It’s so grim at the moment

No fight, no quality

Just how I feel at the moment. It really is very flat. Just been on u-tube to
play an old Paul Baker speech in order to cheer myself up.
I understand the new chairman is a busy chap but he seems totally invisible
at the moment. At least PB could always be relied on to lift enthusiasm levels

I'm far from complacent about our league position. Notts County have recruited well and
will be safe before long. Yeovil have gone unless something drastic happens there. Lets
hope we don't join them