Which player would you bring back to help us out?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
I’ve said all season - and this is emphatically NOT a joke - that if we need a point from the last game of the season who would you want alongside Boyle and Tozer at centre half? Forster, Mullins, pring or DUFF? Seriously.... think about it

There is only one serious answer. He’s not that old and the standard is pretty poor. He’d have a field day.

That made me think who else, if you could pick only one, would you have for rest of season? I’d have to go big Jules. He wouldn’t let us go down and we would t concede from a single corner
Red Duke
Stephen Gillespie.
little mo
The Chris Banks of 20 years ago would do me just fine. Total quality.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Stoz and Wrighty. Top of the Conference and their effort and fight is what we need. Stoz would get a tackle in in midfield unlike Maddox/Clements/Thomas/Broom and with Hussey getting down the wing with ease, when not played out of position wasted at CB, the supply of crosses into the box for DW to thrive on would be there.
Nesty
Higgs

Duff M, Banks, Freeman, Jamie V

Norton, Finners, Archie, Rusty

Grayson, Big Jules
Horteng
David Bird

Someone with a long affinity with the club

True heart on sleep type player. Bit of no nonsense steel in the middle of the park
Robin
little mo wrote:The Chris Banks of 20 years ago would do me just fine. Total quality.
Whilst I agree with you on ability not sure he's what we need right now Mo.

I'd go with Grant McCann I think play him instead of Maddox but you could make a case for Neil Grayson given we are dangerously close to the relegation scrap and need to battle to avoid getting royally sucked in.
Lord Elpuz
Marlon Pack.
Horteng
Lord Elpuz wrote:Marlon Pack.
Good shout! Oh if only...........
Si Robin
It's one of three for me, Finners, McCann or Grayson.

If I had to plump for one, then it would probably be Finners. The main thing we've missed all season is that bite in the middle, that player who you didn't realise what it was they did until they weren't there doing it. I don't think McCann would have been as good a player for the club without Finners as his foil and I think it's a bit easy to plump for Larry - but even he'd struggle with the service we're getting to our forwards.

Not only that, but Finners was a fantastic leader as well. The only captain I'd put above him in my time supporting the club would be Alan Bennett.

So what we need is a Finners, no nonsense, can pass, tackle and lead. And can even get the odd goal as well.
Ben3
Steve mardenborough anyone?
little mo
Robin wrote:
little mo wrote:The Chris Banks of 20 years ago would do me just fine. Total quality.
Whilst I agree with you on ability not sure he's what we need right now Mo.

I'd go with Grant McCann I think play him instead of Maddox but you could make a case for Neil Grayson given we are dangerously close to the relegation scrap and need to battle to avoid getting royally sucked in.
My answer Robin was regards who I would play alongside Boyle and Tozer for the last game if we needed a point to stay up.
everyman
Ben3 wrote:I’ve said all season - and this is emphatically NOT a joke - that if we need a point from the last game of the season who would you want alongside Boyle and Tozer at centre half? Forster, Mullins, pring or DUFF? Seriously.... think about it

There is only one serious answer. He’s not that old and the standard is pretty poor. He’d have a field day.

That made me think who else, if you could pick only one, would you have for rest of season? I’d have to go big Jules. He wouldn’t let us go down and we would t concede from a single corner
A fit Mullins as in early season would do that job.
Jerry St Clair
Michael Hector.

Was only 20 when he was with us and was decent. Still only 26 and at Sheff Weds on loan from Chelsea and is a very good Championship defender by accounts.
Shade
I'll go for Mo Eisa given the fact that he pretty much kept us up last season all one his own...
Ben3
Chris Townsend. Eisa not fit to tie his laces

Jimmy smith

Jason Eaton

Dale Watkins

Clive Walker

Nicky Jordan

Let’s have it right
Mmrh5
Tony naylor

Pure quality in front of goal