Lloyd recalled

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
George Lloyd has been recalled from his loan spell at Hereford
Ben3
Yes!!! Let him play.

The club needs a hero and I can’t see where another one is coming from

Get him on and let him score goals, it’s what he does
Shade
Unfortunately, though, I fear that means that Varney is indeed injured and out of at least tonight's game.
Fuller
Shade wrote:Unfortunately, though, I fear that means that Varney is indeed injured and out of at least tonight's game.
If it is a hamstring it could be a lot longer than that. These injuries could not have come at a worse time.

Mullins playing for the reserves this afternoon v FGR I see.
Shade
It could but the way they were talking about Varney and not sure whether it was a hamstring and sending him for a scan, I'm hopeful it's just tightness or a little tweak... optimism.
Robin
Mullins forced to play in the reserves yet Long selected for the bench tonight. Yet again our best defender isn't in the team, yet we have someone who hasn't kicked a ball all season on the bench.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Mullins forced to play in the reserves yet Long selected for the bench tonight. Yet again our best defender isn't in the team, yet we have someone who hasn't kicked a ball all season on the bench.
Quite simple Robin.

No point rushing Mullins back when we have three or four other CBs fit and in the matchday squad.

However, we have no fit right backs / right wing backs so it is more urgent and important to get Long involved again.
Robin
Dawson can play there as can Forster.
asl
Robin wrote:as can Forster.
I'm sorry, I thought we were talking right back. I think we've seen enough evidence.
Shade
I think its much more likely that as Mullins played in the reserves to get fitness earlier in the day, Long was on the bench purely as a last ditch emergency only, like if we had 2 defenders go off injured and another sent off.

Sooner Long's fit the better. Broom's confidence and ability to beat a man seems to have completely deaerted him for some reason. Had no willing to do anything but get to his man and turn in and lay the ball off tonight. The one time he did get toward the byline he rushed it and completely shanked his cross out over the goal.
Cheltenhamshire10
Shade wrote:I think its much more likely that as Mullins played in the reserves to get fitness earlier in the day, Long was on the bench purely as a last ditch emergency only, like if we had 2 defenders go off injured and another sent off.

Sooner Long's fit the better. Broom's confidence and ability to beat a man seems to have completely deaerted him for some reason. Had no willing to do anything but get to his man and turn in and lay the ball off tonight. The one time he did get toward the byline he rushed it and completely shanked his cross out over the goal.
I was very unimpressed with Broom this game, played possession football and turned inside for the easy pass every time. Such a noticeable difference when we went down the left hand side with Hussey who looked to beat his man way more, or put in a cross and make something happen
andgarod
2 suggestions
broom has signed a pre agreement with someone and mullins needs to play a certain amount of games to trigger second year of contract
Robin
I thought there was an improvement in Broom last night versus the previous few games I'd seen however yes it was frustrating seeing him turn back several times rather than go past the full back.
Ben3
The obvious difference is Forster not playing. The rest is people pretending stuff to ignore the obvious fact that’s he’s a complete liability
horlickfanclub
George Lloyd managed two good touches in his brief appearance. I hope we see more of him.