CTFC vs Mansfield Town Home 26th February 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Mansfield Town Home 26th February 2019

If it had been cold, raining, dull and a miserable evening I’d have stayed by the fire and watched Liverpool and Shetland! However no weather excuses so went. After the first 20 mins or so thought I had made the wrong decision; we ‘should’ have been down by three goals! Fortune and the Gods were smiling; a steady turn around saw a goal from pressure in the box. Amongst the melee of players I didn’t see exactly what happened, but Tozer scored. Well it was never going to be one of our “forwards” was it! From then on it was almost an even game, but we held our luck. I’d have gladly swapped our No27 for their No 14; then I would suggest we would have won comfortably!
Thomas scored a well struck penalty; perhaps mitigating his many passing errors? My MoM was Hussey; with a few others fairly close, including Flinders who brought off some very decent saves.
We are horribly short of firepower up front; a real Achilles heel; cannot see Manny D or Rakish B really filling that role. Effort no problem, but rarely in the right place at the right time. Still a relieved three points; so well done team CTFC.
Saturday will be a different ball game; we will be lucky to even draw, winning not an option; so a losing 0-3 scoreline, no scorer and my wife pointing out she could have been shopping instead!
Johnsons Red Army
Port Vale on 23rd is next match.

Mansfield is away on 2nd March.
horlickfanclub
The year is rushing by.We can beat two teams in one night .
Shade
First goal was an own goal. On the highlights it shows Tozer got on the end of Hussey's ball in and smashes a pull-back straight into the defenders face and into the net.
theidlerich
Naturally I meant Port Vale on the 23rd!!!.....
...before anyone notices........ :oops: :oops:....too late I see!

please can someone post a link to the highlights - ta.
Johnsons Red Army
theidlerich wrote:Naturally I meant Port Vale on the 23rd!!!.....

Presume you will want to revise your prediction as well (unless, of course, you think we will lose 3-0 to Port Vale)?
Johnsons Red Army
theidlerich wrote:Naturally I meant Port Vale on the 23rd!!!.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pz2JLBSE1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;