Newport away

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

bigdavejambo
now Friday night.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2019/february ... day-night/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
Makes my decision a lot easier now. Was 50/50 whether to go on the Saturday but definitely 0/100 now.
bigdavejambo
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Makes my decision a lot easier now. Was 50/50 whether to go on the Saturday but definitely 0/100 now.
also Gold cup day which will knock a few off
Malabus
Catching the train back will be more than likely impossible.
paperboy
Malabus wrote:Catching the train back will be more than likely impossible.
Train at 22.05, but it would be helpful if it was a 7.30pm kick off.

That would probably be too much to ask given that the rugby and football fixtures have been known for months and it's taken until now to change the date.

Do we know the weather forecast given the condition of their pitch?. :-)
Red Duke
paperboy wrote:

That would probably be too much to ask given that the rugby and football fixtures have been known for months and it's taken until now to change the date.

According to this https://www.newport-county.co.uk/fans/away-fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The station is less than 10 minutes away from the ground.
Ihearye
If Gold Cup day, catching the train there will be even harder
Shade
Ihearye wrote:
If Gold Cup day, catching the train there will be even harder
Only if you go after 4/4.30pm. Before that it will be just normal, if not quieter.
Ihearye
guess it depends how much you relish a few extra hours in lovely Newport
Jerry St Clair
Shade wrote: Only if you go after 4/4.30pm. Before that it will be just normal, if not quieter.
The 16.11 might be alright. But the rush starts earlier on Gold Cup day with the racecourse emptying after the big race at 15.30 - especially those who've been there all week. The next train is at 16.45 and you might find yourself in a long queue outside for that one. Any later and your fecked, frankly.
paperboy
..think using the time travel club might be the best bet.:-)

Next trip: Colchester United - Saturday 9 February 2019, 3pm kick-off
Ihearye
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Shade wrote: Only if you go after 4/4.30pm. Before that it will be just normal, if not quieter.
The 16.11 might be alright. But the rush starts earlier on Gold Cup day with the racecourse emptying after the big race at 15.30 - especially those who've been there all week. The next train is at 16.45 and you might find yourself in a long queue outside for that one. Any later and your fecked, frankly.
Very true, top tip of the day is stay up at the course until the hordes are halfway Evesham Road
asl
That trick's a regular occurrence on the official FB feed. What the club needs is a media manager...
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:
paperboy wrote:

According to this https://www.newport-county.co.uk/fans/away-fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The station is less than 10 minutes away from the ground.
Station is around a 20/25 mins walk.
kora
What route are you taking Mal, I'm no spring chicken and I can do it in 10 minutes. Add a couple if the train is on a far side platform.
paperboy
kora wrote:What route are you taking Mal, I'm no spring chicken and I can do it in 10 minutes. Add a couple if the train is on a far side platform.
A tad more than that I'd have said.

The match should finish around 9.40pm, but there is no leeway if there happens to be a lengthy stoppage for an injury.

It's realised that Cheltenham did not instigate the re-arrangement, but a little more thought might have been applied.

We don't get any of the proceeds from the gate money so if the match will now be available on i-follow will the club benefit financially?
Ihearye
Not losing any sleep over this one

Was there on Saturday for Rugby - pitch is a mid bath
Festival week - no chance of me getting on a train. Would probably end up in Inverness
Red Duke
paperboy wrote:
kora wrote:What route are you taking Mal, I'm no spring chicken and I can do it in 10 minutes. Add a couple if the train is on a far side platform.
A tad more than that I'd have said.

The match should finish around 9.40pm, but there is no leeway if there happens to be a lengthy stoppage for an injury.

It's realised that Cheltenham did not instigate the re-arrangement, but a little more thought might have been applied.

We don't get any of the proceeds from the gate money so if the match will now be available on i-follow will the club benefit financially?
It won't be on i-Follow in the UK as Sky Sports are showing Doncaster vs Barnsley.
Shade
Red Duke wrote:
It won't be on i-Follow in the UK as Sky Sports are showing Doncaster vs Barnsley.
The fact Sky are showing a different game shouldn't make any difference whether it's ok iFollow or not. But I also don't believe it will be on iFollow because it was originally scheduled to be played on the Saturday.
Red Duke
Shade wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
The fact Sky are showing a different game shouldn't make any difference whether it's ok iFollow or not. But I also don't believe it will be on iFollow because it was originally scheduled to be played on the Saturday.
If Sky are showing an EFL match at the same time then ifollow cannot video stream live to a UK audience. However, it will be on i-follow for the rest of the World.
Si Robin
That's only the case for Championship games Red Duke - if what you say is true, then most of the i-follow midweek games wouldn't have been viewable as Sky has had midweek games on quite often this season.
Shade
Yes, Sky has a Championship game live and all of the other games on the red button, but only Championship.
Red Duke
Si Robin wrote:That's only the case for Championship games Red Duke - if what you say is true, then most of the i-follow midweek games wouldn't have been viewable as Sky has had midweek games on quite often this season.
Maybe it will be on. If it is I am likely to pay my £10.00. I assume Bury won't be as Derby V Wigan is on the Sky Sports red button.
Si Robin
Bury will be - but other Championship games won't be.
MSB
Fairly certain all games that aren't 3pm Saturday kick offs are on iFollow UK.
Games at 3pm are available on iFollow for outside of UK. For these matches use Windscribe VPN and place yourself in USA. The match then costs about £5.50 rather than £10. In fact, I do this for any away evening games I can't make anyway purely for the price difference.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MSB wrote:Fairly certain all games that aren't 3pm Saturday kick offs are on iFollow UK.
Games at 3pm are available on iFollow for outside of UK. For these matches use Windscribe VPN and place yourself in USA. The match then costs about £5.50 rather than £10. In fact, I do this for any away evening games I can't make anyway purely for the price difference.
Incorrect. Been several midweek games recently that have been unavailable in the UK.
MSB
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
MSB wrote:Fairly certain all games that aren't 3pm Saturday kick offs are on iFollow UK.
Incorrect. Been several midweek games recently that have been unavailable in the UK.
Oh really? Fairly certain (although I could very well be wrong) that must be down to technical difficulties or whichever club hosting hasn't set it up properly because they are always filming for sky highlights.

To quote the EFL:

"EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services."

I did have a problem with the New Years Day game against Yeovil, however that was due to my adblock playing up.

Since rectifying that I've been able to watch every game, albeit through the VPN.
Johnsons Red Army
Cheaper via VPN too (€6 if you are, or pretending to be, in continental Europe, for example).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MSB wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Oh really? Fairly certain (although I could very well be wrong) that must be down to technical difficulties or whichever club hosting hasn't set it up properly because they are always filming for sky highlights.

To quote the EFL:

"EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services."

I did have a problem with the New Years Day game against Yeovil, however that was due to my adblock playing up.

Since rectifying that I've been able to watch every game, albeit through the VPN.
The Tuesday night home game against Yeovil wasn’t available (unless using VPN or dodgy feeds) in the most recent example. There were two threads about it. Nesty for one was going to pay to watch it but couldn’t, nor could Red Duke or I.
Shade
Someone recently said the Easter weekend fixtures aren't going to be available either.
Si Robin
I don't know for sure - but could that be due to the games originally being scheduled for the Saturday and then being moved afterwards?

The same goes for the Yeovil game - it was a rearranged fixture from a Saturday.

This could be a completely moot point if someone can confirm the Cambridge game (also rearranged from a Saturday) was on ifollow.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I don't know for sure - but could that be due to the games originally being scheduled for the Saturday and then being moved afterwards?

The same goes for the Yeovil game - it was a rearranged fixture from a Saturday.

This could be a completely moot point if someone can confirm the Cambridge game (also rearranged from a Saturday) was on ifollow.
It wasn’t on. I wanted to view that too.
paperboy
Forgive my ignorance but if I watch a Robins match on i-Follow after registering via the club's website I will get Radio Glos commentary.
If I registered via the Bury FC website for example would I then get Radio Lancs commentary?
Shade
paperboy wrote:Forgive my ignorance but if I watch a Robins match on i-Follow after registering via the club's website I will get Radio Glos commentary.
If I registered via the Bury FC website for example would I then get Radio Lancs commentary?
I would assume so, but hard to tell until someone who has watched the other feed can confirm. It may just be that Radio Glos commentary is used for every game Chelt are involved in, as every Chelt game is guaranteed to be broadcast on Radio Glos? I'm not sure every club has that, especially for areas with a lot of clubs, like Lancs?
paperboy
Shade wrote:
paperboy wrote:Forgive my ignorance but if I watch a Robins match on i-Follow after registering via the club's website I will get Radio Glos commentary.
I would assume so, but hard to tell until someone who has watched the other feed can confirm. It may just be that Radio Glos commentary is used for every game Chelt are involved in, as every Chelt game is guaranteed to be broadcast on Radio Glos? I'm not sure every club has that, especially for areas with a lot of clubs, like Lancs?
Ah, thanks- not that I would wish to miss Radio Glos commentary.