CTFC vs Newport County Friday March 15th Away

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Newport County Friday March 15th Away

A comfortable win, getting the deserved results against lowly teams at long last; although a nervy 20 mins or so second half. Didn’t see the penalty against us as a melee of players obscured my view; Boyle apparently, so he cancelled out his excellent header – ah well! Good team performance yet again, Walters running himself into the ground again. Thought Raglan had a decent game too. RCS will, at least, have a self-satisfied smirk on his long journey home; one a match enjoyed and two he’s caught asl!. Pleased that Notts Co did not resort to thuggery in their approach, unlike some of their fans. Which brings me on to Newport who often do resort to such tactics, also losing badly against Colchester , so may well be out to make amends. So I’ll very optimistically predict a draw at 1-1, even though our defence still has dodgy patches! Varney to score.

asl 185
RegencyCheltSpa 185
Johnsons Red Army 170
Theidlerich 155
Cliffy90 140
Joe's dad 135
Shade 120
Andy 120
Red Duke 110
pas 90
Hubert Parry
Who is Walters?
theidlerich
oh 'l'...
Shade
Boyle was clumsy giving the penalty away. He did only have eyes on the ball but he did also go straight over the top of the Notts player because he wasn't aware of his position. Thought Raglan was excellent. Won every tackle and put in two fantastic crosses - one headed over by Hussey and one headed in by Boyle. I'd point out that the first goal was made and score by our 3 centre backs. Tozer on the right beating a man and playing it to Dawson, who passed back to Raglan who whipped it in for Boyle to score. Who needs midfielders and attackers when you've got those three at centre back?!
everyman
Shade wrote:Boyle was clumsy giving the penalty away. He did only have eyes on the ball but he did also go straight over the top of the Notts player because he wasn't aware of his position. Thought Raglan was excellent. Won every tackle and put in two fantastic crosses - one headed over by Hussey and one headed in by Boyle. I'd point out that the first goal was made and score by our 3 centre backs. Tozer on the right beating a man and playing it to Dawson, who passed back to Raglan who whipped it in for Boyle to score. Who needs midfielders and attackers when you've got those three at centre back?!
That was one of the best goals almost a classic 1-2-3 goal.