Nine years ago today

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/Burton9Years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
wth video

http://ctfchistory.weebly.com/burton-5-ctfc-6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I get that video pop up on my recommended list on YouTube every now and then and always have to watch it. I still remember the knee slide I did across the living room floor when our 6th went in. Luckily, the flooring was laminate and not carpet...
bigdavejambo
i remember leaving at 4-2 with 6 minutes to go as i had a long walk back to the station for a 5.35 train back to York. When i got back to the station i checked my phone and saw it was 6-5 and thought it was an error!!!
Fuller
Two future Robins in the Burton team, Penn & Harrad
Four of the Cheltenham squad that day still playing in the FL, Brown, Eastham, Watkins & Andrew.
What happened to Matt Thornhill ? Good young player.
Red Duke
bigdavejambo wrote:i remember leaving at 4-2 with 6 minutes to go as i had a long walk back to the station for a 5.35 train back to York. When i got back to the station i checked my phone and saw it was 6-5 and thought it was an error!!!
It shows someone slipping out at the back when they panned to the Scoreboard at one stage- was that you?
Horteng
Pleased to say one of my few away CTFC games was this one!

Wow 9 years ago...…..
bigdavejambo
Red Duke wrote:
bigdavejambo wrote:i remember leaving at 4-2 with 6 minutes to go as i had a long walk back to the station for a 5.35 train back to York. When i got back to the station i checked my phone and saw it was 6-5 and thought it was an error!!!
It shows someone slipping out at the back when they panned to the Scoreboard at one stage- was that you?
no i was in the seats
Si Robin
Fuller wrote: What happened to Matt Thornhill ? Good young player.
Still only 30 years old. According to Wiki he's now at Basford Utd but has had a medial knee ligament injury for some time. A shame because he was brilliant with us.

I always thank my lucky stars that my mum loaned me £20 that day in order for me to go. I went with the old BB15 lot and it was absolutely epic. I will always remember saying to my mate (DerbyMark - once of this forum) at 4-2 when Pook lined up the free-kick, "If we score here we're getting something out of this game." Immediately after they go up the other end and make it 5-3. I turned to him again and reiterated "We're going to get something here - it might not be a win but we're getting something"

I also remember the Burton keeper celebrating right in front of us when they went 5-3 up - the lad got dog's abuse when the winner went in, and deservedly so.