Newport County AFC v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/NewportCountyAFCAway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Jon Palmer wrote:Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/NewportCountyAFCAway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I got a feeling
That tonight's gonna be a good night.

Despite my prediction thread prediction, I think we're gonna win.
Malabus
Complete and utter c!#p again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We’re safe. Just waiting for the season to end.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We’re safe. Just waiting for the season to end.
Nowhere near safe.

If it’s mathematical possible to go down and the players’ believe they’re safe thats when the team stumbles and get destroyed.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
Nowhere near safe.

If it’s mathematical possible to go down and the players’ believe they’re safe thats when the team stumbles and get destroyed.
That relies on the other shitters winning games. We are safe.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
Nowhere near safe.

That relies on the other shitters winning games. We are safe.
Still got to play Exeter & Lincoln.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
Games I expect us to lose. Doesn’t alter the fact we are safe,
RichardMoss
Malabus wrote:
Nowhere near safe.

There are 5 teams and 13 points between us and the drop. This is an absolute knee jerk off a comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robin
Realistically one win and we are safe, we have winnable home games against sides in or around us like (Northampton/Oldham) and away to relegation battlers (Morecambe), we are not going down unless we don't win all season.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
Games I expect us to lose. Doesn’t alter the fact we are safe,
The Robins' home form is now excellent (8W 2D 1L), in stark contrast to our recent away performances (6 successive defeats). Exeter have gone off the boil, so I see no reason why we shouldn't finally get back to winning ways against them at Whaddon Road.
vickeryc
RichardMoss wrote:
Malabus wrote:
Nowhere near safe.

There are 5 teams and 13 points between us and the drop. This is an absolute knee jerk off a comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. While I can see us picking up next to nothing from our remaining away fixtures, we will pick up more than enough points at home to keep us well clear of the drop zone. It would take an extraordinary turn of events for the Robins to be in any serious danger.
Alf
That is a football pitch out of the 70’s. We played a passing game and by the time we moved the ball from one end of the pitch to the other we faced a defensive wall that we couldn’t break through.
They know how to play this pitch. Route one to two big, physical front men who kept catching us on the break. We do not create enough real chances and seem to just hope that the ball just lands at the feet or head of one of our players in the box, which makes it a lottery.
Shade
I don't know how many times I have said it - we don't score in the game(s) after we've scored 4 goals.
plymrob
Shame our team is not out of the 70s.... maybe pick your seasons though.