CTFC vs Northampton Town Saturday 23rd March 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Northampton Town Saturday 23rd March 2019

I can only go on MD’s comments post-match as no incisive comments on here. Officials’ competence queried; which overall this season one would have to agree. Perhaps those responsible for selecting, training and managing this exceedingly difficult area need to step up! Having said that recent officials at Whaddon Rd haven’t been too bad; it is all too easy to wrongly judge actions which happen so fast; and to see players movements from ‘ground level’ whilst not always in clear sight. Easy from a few rows up in the S&B stand [In2P easier to say!]. Pity about Boyle though; throws yet another spanner into the muddled works defensively. So Shade shaded the pitiful scoring with RCS stamping around with gritted teeth ‘up north’. So to Northampton who drew with Grimsby; they will be looking to return to winning ways, so a tricky fixture for us and them. Optimistically I should go for a draw; but as we are now defensively light I will sadly predict a loss at 1 – 2 with Varney to score a consolation goal.

No movement on our table so will post that after a couple of games or so.