RESERVES

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
Away to Southend today. Should be a sunny day on the pier.
Fuller
Long way to go to play in front of half a dozen ?

Surely the reserves could play more local teams in mini leagues ? Seems ridiculous going all that way, half the time we only seem to put the youth team out anyway ?

Nice day out though, went there in the very last game of our first season in the FL in '99/00, a really good day out, although we lost the players gave it everything that day, Cotts was devastated I recall, a win would have put us in the play offs. But I went home happy, we had done a brilliant job of our first year as a football league club.
Si Robin
That was my first away day (not including Wembley in 1998). An absolutely epic day from start to finish. Only the result was a downside.
Fuller
Winning 2 - 1 at half time.

Just Bower and Lloyd with first team experience.
Fuller
Lost 4 - 3 after being 3 - 1 up.

The six men and a dog were heard singing "3 -1 up and you ****** it up"

:lol:
horlickfanclub
Does anyone know who scored the third goal for us ?
hepple
Official site news on reserve games this season has been hit and miss with some games not getting any coverage at all

I didn't know for example that Feb 9th the reserves had a home game Vs Peterborough Utd Reserves with the first team away at Bury I would have probably gone to watch the reserve team, by all accounts the score was a 3-4 defeat no idea who played or scorers. Nothing about the reserves home game vs Bristol Rovers in late Jan no report anyway, nothing on the away game at Forest Green in late Feb

Now not even a mention of this Southend game. Just incase the website doesn't mention anything I think we have a game on Tuesday at Seasons Vs MK Dons