Swindon Town double header

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/SwindonDoubleHeader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
If it was a 5.15 or 5.30 kick off I might have stayed and watched at least the first half, but I'm not hanging around until 7 for kick off...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:If it was a 5.15 or 5.30 kick off I might have stayed and watched at least the first half, but I'm not hanging around until 7 for kick off...
I guess they need to wait for the players from the first games to have vacated the changing rooms and for any mud, lucozade and body fluids to have been cleaned up before players in the second game can enter with sufficient time to prepare for their match.

If the Club are sensible, they will allow anyone staying for the double header to walk through the away stand after the first game (once it has been vacated) to go to the club bar for a drink and to watch the Premier League game.

Invite a pop-up pizza van or burrito bar or similar to set up outside the bar for fans to buy food to bring in to enjoy with their beer in the bar and/or take in to the stand to eat whilst watching.

A pizza, a few pints, footy on the bar screens and celebrating beating Swindon in the first match and the two hours will soon pass.
Si Robin
Why do you need to walk through the away end? Just walk to the gate at the C&G end and walk through there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Why do you need to walk through the away end? Just walk to the gate at the C&G end and walk through there.
Good point. I completely forgot the gate was there - I haven’t been down that end of the Colin Farmer for years.
kora
I've heard the girls are playing some decent football with a 24 goal striker, definitely gonna check it out, and beating Swindle twice in a day sounds pretty good to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:I've heard the girls are playing some decent football with a 24 goal striker, definitely gonna check it out, and beating Swindle twice in a day sounds pretty good to me.
What about the women?
asl
My wife told me she was going out with her fellow beautiful, empowered, strong, adult women, only the other day. Wait...no...what she actually said was that she was "going out with the girls." I now realise I should have been shocked and offended on behalf of those who identify as female.

In the same vein, I fell a sudden urge to write to Cheryl, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh, protesting most vigorously about their band name as they were all *clearly* post-pubescent and we were all offended.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:My wife told me she was going out with her fellow beautiful, empowered, strong, adult women, only the other day. Wait...no...what she actually said was that she was "going out with the girls." I now realise I should have been shocked and offended on behalf of those who identify as female.

In the same vein, I fell a sudden urge to write to Cheryl, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh, protesting most vigorously about their band name as they were all *clearly* post-pubescent and we were all offended.
Cool story bro.
Shade
Boys...we're all the same.

Isn't Swindon our last home game? Just walk across the pitch to the bar :lol: