That time of the year...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
...when survival has been wrapped up and we can start thinking about next season and who could be playing.

Still looking like one of Orient, Wrexham and Solihull Moors for the National League title with Salford and Fylde closing in on those three however. Of the other play-off sides, I would love Harrogate to get promoted. Would be a lovely away trip to ‘Yorkshire’s answer to Cheltenham’ for the spa water derby.

Coming the other way from L1, three points separate Plymouth in 12th to Walsall in the relegation spot so anyone’s guess who will drop. Bradford are bottom but only 6 points below ‘the pack’. No names to to look forward to whoever drops.
plymrob
Plymouth please. But not from my lips...
kora
If Harrogate make it, that's one away game I'll definitely go to, only been there once but my memory tells me it's one of the nicest places oop north.
Ben3
It could make a big difference to the budget. If Bristol rovers, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and oxford came down; and Bury, Mansfield, Lincoln and tranmre go up, our average gate would go up substantially. (OTC would love to comment on this - if Sunderland come down then FGR’s average attendance will go up due to the mackems having 20000 home fans :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Solihull moors and Leyton orient coming up and Macclesfield and Cambridge going down would mean that we have 16 games within roughly 100 miles!
horlickfanclub
Good post Ben3. The clubs finances are most important.
bigdavejambo
Harrogate is a beautiful place not far from me. Is Solihulls ground up to EFL standards? i know Harrogate are facing a race to get up to scratch
Ben3
I think we’d all agree FGR going up is best for our club, for the area and for football. Although they bring 700 silent fans I hope they go up and inflict Dale Vince on the bigger boys. Their hooligan element has embarrassed our town and their village for years.

They are the only local team we do not want in our league, apart from that we want as many local games as possible. Most clubs know their Harris from their elbow!
Robin
Solihull for me, fairly local game and we get to see some former players.