Luke Varney wants to stay

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here: http://bit.ly/VarneyContract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Elpuz
One of the most inspired signings in many a year. Definitely offer him a new deal.

If he’s a Cheltenham player for the next season he will add a few to the Season Ticket sales, as he is a joy to watch - his work ethic is astonishingly good and he’s a natural finisher, but the aspect of his play I enjoy watching the most is his ability to leap and hover in the air when he goes for a header, it’s a rare gravity-defying skill.

Footballers really enjoying their football is great to hear from inside a Club.
Ben3
If he scores a few more then Bristol City reserves may pay £1m for him

Or we could send him on loan to Bolton
Ralph
Yep, sign him up. Been an excellent signing for us
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Give him a two year deal with one mission: get us up and keep us up.

A great professional. Something we have been missing since Alan Wright and before him Grayson and Naylor.
Robin
Definitely happy for Varney to get another year and just wish Duff would start the process now so we know where we stand in the summer.
art vandalay
Great signing by Milton as we were insipid up front at the start of the season.
Johnsons Red Army
I thought this was a Duff signing?
shevates
Id have both Varney and Barnett here next season. Both have qualities that weve missed over the last 6 or 7 Football League seasons. Mind you we need to get rid of some of the contracted players who are no longer part of the Duff plans. We would still need a Quality league 2 striker. I think im right in saying Varney yesterday reached his 2nd highest league goal tally for a season. 17 his best i think
Shade
Correct, 17 is his highest tally in the league only. Only 5 to go to match that, from considerably less games...

Interestingly, his first goal in the 2006/7 season was against...Cheltenham. A match I went to see, and we lost 3-1 on a Tuesday night in Crewe in League 1.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Give him a two year deal with one mission: get us up and keep us up.

A great professional. Something we have been missing since Alan Wright and before him Grayson and Naylor.
Got to agree with that. Think we were hoping Bob Taylor to be in the same vein.