Michael Duff after the 1-1 draw with Exeter City

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Full interview can be read/watched here: http://bit.ly/DuffAfterExeterDraw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Duff keeps hinting players will leave, I am wondering which ones. Broom is likely leaving but not sure who else, perhaps Dawson? Can't imagine Flinders will leave, hope we keep Atangana and Addai.

The others I can't imagine much interest in either....
vickeryc
Well, let's hope it's nothing more than hints. It would be a real shame to lose Broom or Dawson. Both have been outstanding for much of the season.
THECHOIRBOY
Well he also said he can't afford to keep everyone (well they we couldn't sign anyone if kept everyone)

Mullins will be off as I'd have thought he would be one of top few wage earners.
Robin
I'd imagine Smith, Debayo, Bower, Forster, Pring and Maddox will all leave the wage bill. McAlindon too if we can find someone willing to take him, possibly also Mullins and Duku. That must be at least £8000 a week in that lot if we move them on.
Robin
vickeryc wrote:Well, let's hope it's nothing more than hints. It would be a real shame to lose Broom or Dawson. Both have been outstanding for much of the season.
Broom was excellent first half of the season but has noticeably dropped after the interest from Burton, I am really not confident he will stick around.

Dawson is a puzzle, he started last season well then disappeared. This year he's been nothing more than a bit part player until recent weeks when performances have been very good. If we keep him then he cannot be near the top of the wage structure.
horlickfanclub
Dawson is a must for me. He seems to like playing for the club and is back to his best form. He can cover three positions and would be hard to replace. He never gives less than 100%.
vickeryc
horlickfanclub wrote:Dawson is a must for me. He seems to like playing for the club and is back to his best form. He can cover three positions and would be hard to replace. He never gives less than 100%.
Totally agree - Dawson is a wholehearted player who gives everything.
Broom is also a 100% player and although his form did drop off for a while, he's been playing well again of late. When he's on the ball, he makes things happen - I hope he stays.