Rakish Bingham wants to stay

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here: http://bit.ly/StrikerWantsToStay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
I'm not convinced by what I've seen so far but could be easily be swayed if he puts in a few good performances over the remainder of the season. I feel it's him or Duku for that sub striker next season so it may also come down to whether we can move Manny on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Keep him. He caused Exter all sorts of problems despite lacking game time - so inevitably lacking match sharpness and match fitness.

A full pre-season and a run in the team and I would be confident he would snaffle the chances he had on Saturday with ease. Bearing in mind he created the chances himself by forcing the Exeter defenders into errors.

Great speed and energy as well which is what we need.
Horteng
Big game for Rakish this weekend to prove his worth presuming he’s picked over Varney because of his injury
Lord Elpuz
I’m probably preaching to the same readership from other threads (apologies for duplicating what has been said elsewhere) but definitely keep him. There is great potential given match time, and coaching to Mr Duff’s high standards and expectations, because his style and movement is reminiscent of Mo Eisa - the player just needs a chance to come good. Learning from The Master, too (Luke Varney),will help him reach potential. Good strikers are difficult to come by, and very expensive, so it’s a risk worth taking.
kags
Willing to give him to the end of the season, so far would be a no. Should have scored on the weekend and work rate could be better. Had too many like that in the past who are inconsistent at best.
paperboy
Robin wrote:I'm not convinced by what I've seen so far but could be easily be swayed if he puts in a few good performances over the remainder of the season. I feel it's him or Duku for that sub striker next season so it may also come down to whether we can move Manny on.
Agree.
The fact that Duku has a two year contract may mean that it's Bingham or Barnett who leaves.
MDs assessment of Duku as someone who "runs around" masks the fact that he scores goals which Bingham, although being technically better struggles with.
Addai forced MD to change his views so hopefully Duku can do the same if given a chance.
Ihearye
fair comment that he had a few chances at the weekend, that you would have expected him to put away at least one
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:fair comment that he had a few chances at the weekend, that you would have expected him to put away at least one
I fully believe if he had more minutes so was match shark and match fit he would have. Strikers need games to get in the rhythm.
THECHOIRBOY
They do but in 160 + games he has scored about 20 goals as a pro. For me, it's where in the pecking order he sits. If it is to come and be 4th choice and offer us something a bit different i'm fine but I would lose no sleep at all if he went out. I'd be happy next season with Waters, Varney, Barnett and AN Other plus Lloyd in and around the squad.

As someone said above, the key to this could be Duku though. As we signed him for a fee, I'd be surprised if we were happy to just get rid without recouping a fair amount of the fee.
Si Robin
I'm not sure - simply getting his wage off the bill maybe seen as enough of a fee.
horlickfanclub
Duku is scoring goals in the National League. He may yet step up .
Shade
Before coming to us Varney had hardly played in 6 years. Before coming to us Eisa had never scored a League goal. We should give Bingham a chance. I believe MD can get an extra 10-15% out of him.
Ihearye
if MD wants him to stay, that is good enough for me. If not, still good enough