Coventry at Whaddon Road

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
I don't believe it will happen myself, but they're apparently in discussions with two clubs over groundshares next season - we have a history of sharing Whaddon Road and at least one of their fans has considered it:

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ ... st-1730601
horlickfanclub
We are more than six miles away. EFL would not allow it.
Robin
What other options do they have MK Dons, Northampton, Burton, Walsall? We are only an hour away and it's a relatively straight forward drive so not totally unrealistic.

Only thing is Whaddon Road is a really small ground (so is Sixfields) I'd imagine MK would be their preferred option.
Si Robin
horlickfanclub wrote:We are more than six miles away. EFL would not allow it.
Sixfields was 30 miles away - so not sure that's true.

Whaddon Road is also 42 miles away from Bristol Rovers home ground and that was going to be allowed.

Like I said, I don't think it will happen but I imagine they won't have many offers as surely clubs are wise to the joke that is SISU.
bigdavejambo
no chance
Ralph
Sixfields is my thought as to where they will end up. Really bad for the fans yet again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Sixfields is my thought as to where they will end up. Really bad for the fans yet again.
This thread is about Coventry playing at Whaddon Road. If you want to talk about Sixfields and Northampton then start another thread.
Malabus
It took years of constant protest against Gloucester who were taking advantage of our generousity and great kindness.
This will unlikely materialize, but if it did, I would envisage the pitchforks coming back out. The club can't take the risk.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:It took years of constant protest against Gloucester who were taking advantage of our generousity and great kindness.
This will unlikely materialize, but if it did, I would envisage the pitchforks coming back out. The club can't take the risk.
This thread is about Coventry playing at Whaddon Road. If you want to talk about Gloucester City please start another thread.
Ihearye
? seems the only connection with Cheltenham is some punter working out which other grounds are within 50 miles of Cov.

Also good to see RCS wasting his self imposed posting rations by acting like a spoilt ejit
Shade
We've only just got the pitch back to lasting pretty well through a full season and using it to good effect by playing attractive football. If we were to start another ground share then we might as well sign up for 2500 crowds and relegation again.
tunnelvision
Shade wrote:We've only just got the pitch back to lasting pretty well through a full season and using it to good effect by playing attractive football. If we were to start another ground share then we might as well sign up for 2500 crowds and relegation again.
I would seriously consider not renewing my season ticket, if we ground shared again.
Alf
I really can’t see this happening. Perhaps they could go and play at FGR’s new ground?
bigdavejambo
their fans arent exactly the best behaved either which wouldnt go down well.
theidlerich
......surely the Board and Managerial staff would not countenance a ground share again after seeing the damage done last time? On the other hand people are not always rational and thoughtful - just think of those who voted for and support the Tories and UKIP!! ;(
drgm
Non-starter
Our ground isn't big enough. There isn't the infrastructure and it's too far away
drgm
tunnelvision wrote:
Shade wrote:We've only just got the pitch back to lasting pretty well through a full season and using it to good effect by playing attractive football. If we were to start another ground share then we might as well sign up for 2500 crowds and relegation again.
I would seriously consider not renewing my season ticket, if we ground shared again.
If you want to talk about season tickets please start another thread

:lol: