Macclesfield

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Macc beat Exeter 3-2 this evening, a game in hand which takes them out of the relegation zone, two points ahead of doomed Yeovil who are only ahead of battling County on goal difference.

Over to County to try and keep up with Macc now, or with Crawley struggling and just six points off the bottom place it could be then joining Yeovil in the National League next season.

Yeovil are gone, so I reckon it is one from three to join them; County, Macc, or Crawley.
Robin
I fancy Yeovil to beat Crawley this weekend and keep it interesting, I still feel it's two from three though with Yeovil and one of Notts/Macc going down.
Fuller
Attendance 1,588.

Also noticed that Jamie Grimes has not been involved for months.
Johnsons Red Army
Yeovil and Macclesfield to go down is my prediction.
Red Duke
I think it will be Yeovil and Crawley.

Looking at the recent form table (last six games)

Macc: 10th
Notts: 12th
Crawley 22nd
Yeovil 24th

We are 4th.
Robin
The only downside of last night's result is it boosts Forest Greens play off aspirations. Crawley and Yeovil going down would be fine by me, two horrible away trips.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:The only downside of last night's result is it boosts Forest Greens play off aspirations. Crawley and Yeovil going down would be fine by me, two horrible away trips.
I don’t care if FGR go up. Good for Glos football profile.
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:The only downside of last night's result is it boosts Forest Greens play off aspirations. Crawley and Yeovil going down would be fine by me, two horrible away trips.
I don’t care if FGR go up. Good for Glos football profile.
I don’t care if ‘the current’ FGR go up either. But for entirely different reasons. They will do a Rushden & Diamonds at some point, and the further they crash, the better. I just hope the good folk of Nailsworth are able to reclaim what remains of their once proud football team in the glorious black and white stripes, instead of that hijacked putrid shade of green.

Money does not buy happiness. Therefore I hope that an honest team like Macclesfield stay up (bringing this discussion back on thread ;)).
Robin
The less success that both franchises have in the football league the more deterrent there is for future reoccurence.

Regarding Macc being an honest team, they haven't paid their players timely at least once this season, is that still "honest"?
Lord Elpuz
Robin wrote:The less success that both franchises have in the football league the more deterrent there is for future reoccurence.

Regarding Macc being an honest team, they haven't paid their players timely at least once this season, is that still "honest"?
It’s an interesting point. They’re trying to run a Club and have at times suffered cash-flow issues like a lot of businesses. The same question applies therefore to any business that suffers a cash-flow problem. Does that make all businesses in this position dishonest? It’s how a business rectifies such a situation that a judgement on their honesty can be made.

The rumour that all of Ecotricity’s profits are keeping FGR afloat should be proven or disproven when the 2018/19 accounts for both businesses are eventually released. In the meantime lists of recent complaints from Ecotricity customers make interesting reading.
Shade
Rumour? They've spent over £12m over the last 5 years...FGR haven't made that!
little mo
What a great job Sol Campbell has done 26 points from 21 games with that team,small gates and no money,wow.

Please chaps this thread is titled "Macclesfield", but it is once again being hijacked by the alleged rights and wrongs of FGR, please start another thread, then I don't have to click on it,thanks.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote:What a great job Sol Campbell has done 26 points from 21 games with that team,small gates and no money,wow.

Please chaps this thread is titled "Macclesfield", but it is once again being hijacked by the alleged rights and wrongs of FGR, please start another thread, then I don't have to click on it,thanks.
Bet you are a barrel of laughs in the pub...a few hours and pints in to the evening and the conversation which started by talking about your days at work has drifted to weekend plans, holiday plans, football, tv shows, the weird bloke at the bar, the three women on the next table and with each natural conversational ebb and flow and change of topic you interject; “err excuse me chaps, the topic of conversation was our days at work! You have drifted off topic again....this happens every week! Please agree another evening if you want to have a natural conversation, thanks.”
little mo
little mo wrote:What a great job Sol Campbell has done 26 points from 21 games with that team,small gates and no money,wow.

Bet you are a barrel of laughs in the pub...a few hours and pints in to the evening and the conversation which started by talking about your days at work has drifted to weekend plans, holiday plans, football, tv shows, the weird bloke at the bar, the three women on the next table and with each natural conversational ebb and flow and change of topic you interject; “err excuse me chaps, the topic of conversation was our days at work! You have drifted off topic again....this happens every week! Please agree another evening if you want to have a natural conversation, thanks.”
I think my suggestion was reasonable and your reply is the usual response expected of you, childish nonsense.
Ihearye

Or maybe consider. A meeting called to discuss a matter at your place of work. Which quickly strays into a discussion on a totally different, unrelated matter.
do you a) Let the distraction continue or b) step in call a halt and refocus on the reason you are all sat in the meeting?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:

Or maybe consider. A meeting called to discuss a matter at your place of work. Which quickly strays into a discussion on a totally different, unrelated matter.
do you a) Let the distraction continue or b) step in call a halt and refocus on the reason you are all sat in the meeting?
The problem there is you are confusing a football forum with something as important and formal as a work meeting.
Ralph
RCS. The topic is Macclesfield. Stick to it please. You want to talk about something else, start a topic
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:RCS. The topic is Macclesfield. Stick to it please. You want to talk about something else, start a topic
I didn’t want to nor start talking about something else. Merely pointing out how petty it is of posters to complain when the natural flow of football chat drifts on to other related subjects.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I fancy Yeovil to beat Crawley this weekend and keep it interesting, I still feel it's two from three though with Yeovil and one of Notts/Macc going down.
No chance. Woefully doomed Yeovil lose at home to out of form Crawley. Count the Glovers out of the race - they have already lost it.
Robin
Have to agree, Yeovil remind me of our relegation season and they look doomed now, one of County or Macc to survive.
Alf

The weird bloke at the bar? Is that your local then?
Shade
In the summer, I wonder if we might eye Yeovil's forward, Fisher, who looked fairly handy against us at WR. With some decent service I think he might be worth it (assuming he is a Yeovil player, out of contract and doesn't fancy hanging around at a NL club. I'd also hope the club do more scouting than me :lol:).