Lindsay Parsons

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
Former Cheltenham manager (only just before my time) has passed away today. RIP.

https://brfpa.org.uk/2019/04/12/a-tribu ... parsons-2/
Ben3
Terribly sad news.

Remember those seasons so well, I think he bought in some of the players who became such heroes

RIP
Ralph
Good CTFC mgr. RIP Lindsay. Very sad news
RedMark
Very sad news.
I hope the club will pay a full tribute. In my view Lindsay played a very important part in our history.

After relegation from the Conference he rebuilt the club building a young and exciting team which got so close to promotion back to the Conference three seasons running.

He was a great talent spotter and he brought to Cheltenham some of the legends including Banks, Archie, Bob Bloomer and Jason Eaton that would become the core of our FA Trophy and Conference title seasons.

I think he laid the foundations for our successful period and the turnaround started with Lindsay.

Thanks Lindsay for all you did for our club and best wishes to his family.
little mo
The club must pay a full tribute. R.I.P Lindsay.
Nesty
sad, very sad. Often overlooked when discussing previous managers. Laid the foundations for our rise up the leagues bringing in some of our heroes. Thoughts with his family and friends,
longmover
Very sad news, he got the ball rolling in the early 90's and is fondly remembered by fans of other teams by the posts on social media, I hope the club respect his passing on Friday.
Sprout Picker
Saddened to hear this, I enjoyed watching his young team when he was manager, they played some attractive stuff and as others have said he brought some very good players in who helped lay the foundations for SC in later years.

Condolences to his family and friends.
Jon Palmer
Some tributes to Lindsay here from Paul Godfrey and Tony Pulis: http://bit.ly/LindsayParsons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuller
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2019/april/in ... y-parsons/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent piece.

Can you name the young lads in the pic, I recognise Andy Tucker, Simon Cooper and Christer Warren.

Who were the others though and were they all YTS lads ?

And love the old pics of Whaddon Road too.

RIP Lindsay - you did your bit in CTFC history for sure.
Cheltenhamshire10
I remember being a very young mascot when Lindsay was the manager (a very dull 0-0 with Sittingbourne) and they let me go in to the changing room before the match.
Lindays team talk was the best colourful language a young lad had ever heard, I think the kitman shepherded me to a different room when he realised the words I could hear. Definitely had a lot of passion!
Signed some great players that Cotterill just needed a few minor add ons.
Fuller
Yes that reminds me, one of old suppliers was a youth team player in the Lindsey era, he said the language was shocking, but they loved it :) A true football man.

I think Lindsey was very frustrated to just miss out on promotion in his 3 full years in charge, his team then just needed a bit more steel.

I found that whole Lindsey era very enjoyable, but ultimately frustrating as we had to get back in to the Conference, a couple more years on and Cotts had done the business, and the rest is history.

Thanks for all you did for our club Lindsey.
longmover
Those old pictures :shock: The days when you were able to turn up and work in what you would wear to decorate your bathroom :lol:
Lord Elpuz
Let’s hope we all give Lindsay a damn fine send off on Good Friday and remember him for being a massive cog in the wheel that helped us achieve our Football League status.

Rest In Peace Lad, and thanks for being a major part of our proud history.