Season Tickets 2019/20

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2019/april/se ... heltenham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
:lol:

"it won't be season tickets". Well done, that man.

Bloody hell, I wish I was a kid again. Ultra cheap tickets and a free shirt. Still, I'll happily take my ST for £20 less than last year, thank you.
Fuller
Will be interesting to see the year on year sales of season tickets.

And who recalls that year an outside company did the selling - was it 2008 ? Think Keith Downing signed the mailshot letters, so it probably was.

Good to get the kids on board, I was one of the very few who had one back in the mid 1970's and it cost about two quid !!
joes dad
That is great value, less than £8 per match,will definately be renewing mine.
Well done CTFC.
Ben3
This is quite good news covering up a price hike.

My son gets in free as a junior robin - it’ll now cost me £45 a year. I go to about 10-15 games so it’s £3-4.50 price hike per game.

But he’ll get a ‘free’ shirt which he’ll love, and there’ll be more ctfc walking about gloucestershire. So I’ll pay it happily even though a big increase
sdt10
Students 23 or older pretty much doubling in price from paying £130/£140 to £255/£300. If you’re a student, age shouldn’t play a part as if you’re at university as an 18 year old or 25 year old, you still won’t have a vast disposable income.

Not everyone has done well out of this.
kags
sdt10 wrote:Students 23 or older pretty much doubling in price from paying £130/£140 to £255/£300. If you’re a student, age shouldn’t play a part as if you’re at university as an 18 year old or 25 year old, you still won’t have a vast disposable income.

Didn't understand that bit for the students, surely we are discriminating against mature students here? Unfair on even slightly older ones and maybe put off some Glos Uni punters.
sdt10
Exactly. If you’re offering a student concession of any kind then that is on the basis that the student is in education and has limited access to work and will earn a limited amount of money.

In the past the student season ticket has been at a set amount of £130-£140 if memory serves me right. Now with categorising it into two boundaries (18-22 & 23+), the 18-22 students pay less than a third of the full student season ticket for over 23s even though they both have very limited incomes. The fact that the student season ticket has more than doubled in price from this season to next for over 23s is unfair and should be revisited.

Would be interesting for a comment from the club on this and where they see incomes for students over the age of 23 being vastly superior to those 22 and under, hence the age boundaries.
leohoenig
I stopped being a student at age 21, and while I had limited income, no one gave discounts for students in those days. At the time, I was allowed half price entry while still at school, but this was informal as officially I should have paid full price 16-18.

This led to a period of six months where I could legally drink and was still paying half price.

This followed two years of illegally drinking and paying half price.

I even had a beer as an underage drinker in the Met Police club

Anyway, do you think students should be entitled to a better discount than oldies?
Just asking as I will be an oldie in a few years, (and I'm already an oldie at some grounds)

[If oldie is not the correct term, please note I am only using it to describe myself]
bigdavejambo
anybody know how many sold yet?
Lord Elpuz
I’ve heard of some abuse of this student discount scheme, in that former students now in full time work are taking advantage of their original student cards with “generous” expiry dates (beyond the dates the courses finished). I guess it comes down to the honesty and integrity of those individuals as it must be difficult to police - unless the Club asks for college and course details and then run background checks. It is pretty appalling given that the Club is doing all it can to make prices attractive for all supporters.
Johnsons Red Army
For those willing to pay in installments, I received the following email today from the club:

Dear Supporter

Unfortunately we have still been unable to come to terms with a finance company to replace Zebra Finance, but we have been looking at alternative ways to be able to offer you an option to spread the cost of your season ticket.

As a result we are able offer you the ability to make 3 equal payments in May, June and July, to ensure that your season ticket is available to you once again in 2019/20 at the Early Bird discount.

We would be able to offer this service to be paid via 3 cheques dated in May/June/July, or alternatively via 3 direct debit payments directly to the club. These payment methods would be subject to an Administration Fee of £10 rather than the existing £5.

Please do get in touch with the Ticket Office if you would like to take either of these options, or of course if you are able to pay for your season ticket in full.

We thank you for your valued support, and hope you will join us again in 2019/20.

Tim Nicholls

Tim Nicholls

Ticket Office Manager

Cheltenham Town Football Club

tickets@ctfc.com

01242 573558 Option 1
Artemis
sdt10 wrote:Students 23 or older pretty much doubling in price from paying £130/£140 to £255/£300. If you’re a student, age shouldn’t play a part as if you’re at university as an 18 year old or 25 year old, you still won’t have a vast disposable income.

You do realise that the 16-22 age bracket is not specifically for students, don't you? So for those who aren't in full time education at 23 - many of whom won't have 'a vast disposable income' - there is no transition to full adult price.
Ihearye
kags wrote:

Didn't understand that bit for the students, surely we are discriminating against mature students here? Unfair on even slightly older ones and maybe put off some Glos Uni punters.
ooops at the risk of incurring the wrath of Dale Vince. I have to say I was unaware of the age limit of students. As a mature student, I have ofen purchased student tickets. Must note not to do it next season!