Dean Windass v John Finnigan

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Many of you will remember this incident which I recall was a defining moment in the season. In this podcast, Windass provides his own take. Pretty shameless. Starts around 33 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/U3iuQVqNDKU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
A fine example to all young players.
Nham68
I watched it and just thought ...
Ignorant.
Belligerent.
Not a great sportsman. (Was good footballer in the technical sense in all fairness).
Not that articulate.
I jumped straight to the 33 min : was the whole program full of that that diatribe and language ?
Most likely a brexit voter. (Oooo controversial....)
joes dad
Nham68 wrote:I watched it and just thought ...
Ignorant.
Belligerent.
Not a great sportsman. (Was good footballer in the technical sense in all fairness).
Not that articulate.
I jumped straight to the 33 min : was the whole program full of that that diatribe and language ?
Most likely a brexit voter. (Oooo controversial....)
Not Controversial N'ham, just very strange to link those "attributes" to me and Tim Martin,James Dyson,Anthony Bamford, Sir Jim Ratcliffe and a good percentage of the other 17+ million. :roll:
Another_FoD_Robin
Whose Tony Finnigan? I know he corrected himself but surely they prep before they record?
Si Robin
I haven't listened to the Podcast, mainly because Windass's voice goes right through me whenever I've heard him before, but that evening was Jamie Victory's testimonial dinner and I remember John Ward making a speech at said dinner where he brought the incident up and said that he fully understood why Finners reacted and would like to think that he instilled fair play into his team and that they didn't need to resort to such tactics.

He was a bloody good bloke was John Ward. Although he did push me up to £345 for Jamie's signed testimonial jersey in the auction. Thank God I was a single 21 year old lad with no responsibilities at the time - my wife would bloody kill me now.