Stevenage v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/StevenageA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Another gutless away performance by the sound of it, we need to add steel to the midfield this summer as our main priority. I doubt we can afford more than 1-2 new faces if we keep everyone (including Waters/Raglan) so we need that gritty experience midfield general who loves a tackle.
horlickfanclub
We need a better centre back to head a few away.Set pieces and crosses have been badly defended recently.
Lord Elpuz
I wouldn’t read too much into that result. Duff will know exactly what is needed for next season, but for today’s performance I think we need to forgive this group of lads as they got us out of the mire we were in last autumn and have more than earned their summer break now. Let’s not be too critical of them today, they hadn’t really got anything to play for, and mentally some of them were probably already jetting off on their holidays - and should we blame them? They’ve been excellent at home, and if we can turn around some of our away performances next season, things will look incredibly rosey next term.

Good luck to them, and I thank them one and all for preserving our League status for next season. I go on my summer holidays knowing that the nucleus of this side - plus any additions - will be ready and able to do battle for us again next season, and I am already looking forward to it.
Robin
It's definitely nice to have half the squad signed up for next season, a refreshing change from before and presumably we are only looking for a couple of players this summer if we keep who we want.