Tyrone Barnett

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Red&WhiteArmy
If the rumours are true that we are about to release him, then I really do feel we are making a big mistake here. I thought for many games last year he was absolutely unplayable in the air. A reall colossus up front for us, winning most of his headers. He also has a good touch and holds up it well when played into his feet. So I think he offers us a lot. It’s been ages we’ve had such an effective target man as Ty - maybe Burgess by the last one I can recall? I’d be absolutely amazed if we can find a better target man out there for the money than Ty. And we are desperate need of one as all the other forwards on the books are smaller tricky players.
Must admit to be slightly confused and miffed about this one ....
Si Robin
He's suffered a lot of injuries and I suspect he's on a relatively high wage. He was certainly well paid at Port Vale.

With the budget being cut, Duff probably thinks he can find similar at a much lower rate. That's not to take away what he gave us this year, I was always impressed with his workrate.
paperboy
He can certainly count himself unfortunate, but he may not have wanted to stay anyway.
He and Varney would have made our attack look a bit like Dad's Army though.
Nesty
injury record not good, age, wage expectations, location ..........
Robin
Agree he’s going to be very hard to replace, he dominated the ball in the air for us.
Fuller
Robin wrote:Agree he’s going to be very hard to replace, he dominated the ball in the air for us.
I think Mike Duff wants to play football predominately on the ground.

Barnett strong in the air but not mobile enough for me and getting on a bit now.

Harry Smith at Macc more to my liking, young, strong, quick and mobile even if he did take Tozer out, but he'll be off to the Championship soon I expect. Duffo needs to unearth another one like him, not many about though.