Forest Green - one last thread for 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Chris FGR
Given Staelens is founder of a tech/media advertising company it's probably no surprise he doesn't wear a tie, not met many in that's industry who do these days. Should check ahead though, the rest of our representatives came correctly dressed and one laid a tribute in honour of the fire victims, but of course this nothing story overshadows that in the local media.
Ihearye
It wouldn't be a 'nothing story' in the local media, if he did not make it a story in the first place.

What you wear to work has no bearing on what you wear on other occasions (unless you are saying he does not own a tie?). What I used to wear to work, I know, would not be acceptable dress for other occassions
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don’t wear a tie to work or some client meetings, but others I absolutely have to wear a tie and some a full suit. It is horses for courses and Staelens but is a donkey. That said, I have the same or very similar shirt to what he is wearing in the headline photo, though I rarely ever wear it to work - more for the beach or boat.
asl
Ihearye wrote:What I used to wear to work, I know, would not be acceptable dress for other occassions
There are surprisingly few occasions that full Dominatrix garb is 'acceptable', to be fair...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
Ihearye wrote:What I used to wear to work, I know, would not be acceptable dress for other occassions
There are surprisingly few occasions that full Dominatrix garb is 'acceptable', to be fair...
I bet OTC would love that....

“We got over ten thousand at Bradford...”

“Wrong! *Thwack*!”

“It says right here on SkyBet”

“No you pathetic fool! *Thwack*!”
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:
I bet OTC would love that....

“We got over ten thousand at Bradford...”

“Wrong! *Thwack*!”

“It says right here on SkyBet”

“No you pathetic fool! *Thwack*!”
Crowd for game 13,504.

RCS, you must stop concentrating on FGR.
You forgot to enter your forecast on TRN's Predicta competition on Saturday.
I don't want to win competition by default. ;)
Ihearye
Says the man who posts on another club's forum .....
paperboy
......be interesting to know if Mr Staelens remembers to take his tie to Bournemouth tonight or decides to stand on the terraces again.
Ben3
Meanwhile, in cloud cuckoo land, the plot thickens.

I hardly visit this site anymore, the circus on the hill are the most entertaining show in town

Please note: some fans think dale Vince may not be altruistically investing in the club for their own good :o :lol:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
longmover
stroudie lefties :lol:
asl
Why did they not simply phone the office and ask the person there whether Mr Vince is doing this for the love of the game? I'm sure they would confirm that is the ONLY reason he's there and so everyone could rest easily, knowing for sure Mr Vince only has their best interests front and foremost.
Ihearye
longmover wrote:stroudie lefties :lol:
So leftie and for teh common man, that they remove parts of the ground to be for the 'elite' only. Yeah a real man of the people. The matchday experience thread is a great read. Especially when you get the likes of old Ton Shat, trying to explain that DV should be allowed tp use the club to push his ideologies. Fecken mad house that
Ben3
Ihearye wrote:
longmover wrote:stroudie lefties :lol:
So leftie and for teh common man, that they remove parts of the ground to be for the 'elite' only. Yeah a real man of the people. The matchday experience thread is a great read. Especially when you get the likes of old Ton Shat, trying to explain that DV should be allowed tp use the club to push his ideologies. Fecken mad house that
I know, that’s where the fun is - they’ve all lost the plot!!!!! It’s hilarious the silly billies.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ha, comedy gold!

Why don’t all those kissing Dale’s boots just pay £20 to go and watch him spread his message from a megaphone somewhere - that way they don’t have to endure the football!

We have to destroy them on 2nd November.
Horteng
Assistant manager leaves. Cooper next?
paperboy
Horteng wrote:Assistant manager leaves. Cooper next?
Yes, I was thinking the same.
If they are not right up there in mid November he'll be gone.
Hands off MD please.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Ha, comedy gold!.
The bits where they're discussing taking their own type of milk into the ground :lol: It's like spinal tap :lol: :lol:

Looks as though there are some very 'dubious' (eg made up accounts) responding in that thread and towing the DV line. The clubs a mess and some supporters have seen through DV, sadly 'some' seem to think that DV and his cronies can do no wrong and its more than acceptable for DV to move the club in the direction it is going.

All that glitters and all that :roll:
The Old TomCat
Scotty left club because of very serious family matters.
No other reason.
Ihearye
The Old TomCat wrote:
No other reason.
I rang the office and the young lady that answered the phone, assured me that was the case LOL
The Old TomCat
Ihearye wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
No other reason.
I rang the office and the young lady that answered the phone, assured me that was the case LOL
You have just made one of the most insensitive offensive posts imaginable.
I suspect you lied in your claim that you phoned the FGR office, but even if you did to put LOL at end of message is downright disrespectful.
Scotty left his job in Gloucestershire for purely private family reasons.
Ihearye
Get off the cross we need the wood! Most on the forum will get the reference. Very surprised you dont!!!
drgm
Ihearye wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
No other reason.
Laugh out loud funny!!!
Malabus
paperboy wrote:
Hands off MD please.
He would never go there...then again, money talks.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
paperboy wrote:
Hands off MD please.
He would never go there...then again, money talks.
Duff is a football man not a circus act.

Plus he knows that his future as a Premier League manager has a lot more money in store than a dead end switch to Ecotricity will.