'New' signing

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Details here: http://bit.ly/DefenderJoinsCTFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Good news.

Also, the following jumped out:
Wing-back Broom and young goalkeeper Lovett are expected to sign, but Dawson's situation is thought to be more up in the air at present.
I thought Broom was already half way to wherever he was going?
Jeff
Thought Raglan looked useful towards the end of the season and really hope Broom & Dawson sign. Hope the impending loss of Nige doesn`t mean we get Tilson in return. I don`t think he adds anything to improve the team!
Robin
Happy with Raglan but likely we will need one more centre half this summer, left sided.

Regarding Dawson I am hearing it’s the duration of the deal that’s the sticking point.
horlickfanclub
If Raglan and Flinders are worth two years Dawson certainly is. He is at his peak years.
Jeff
Have to agree with horlickfanclub on Dawson - definitely worth another two year deal.
WhaddSquadd
horlickfanclub wrote:If Raglan and Flinders are worth two years Dawson certainly is. He is at his peak years.

Totally agree. Dawson adds something that most in our midfield don't - work rate and stamina. I'll be more annoyed if we lose Daws than Nige. Although I'll be most annoyed if we end up replacing Nige with Tillson!! :? :? :?
Shade
Don't see why Tillson is getting stick. He came in and did a job nobody else we had could do. I don't he'd be a terrible signing. I don't see him coming back, though.

Anyway, I assume Daws could have whatever he wanted in terms of length if he didn't keep getting injured. Hopefully we can agree that he has a 2 year contract unless unavailable for more than 40% of the first season, or something like that, at which point renegotiations can be held next summer.
Si Robin
I’m with shade on this - logic says put in a renewal clause. If he plays a certain percentage of games the new deal is triggered.

Oh, and welcome Charlie. A fantastic signing.
Lord Elpuz
I would be very content to give Dawson a 2 year contract. A driving force in the team & would be very difficult to replace with that experience. Too much of a risk to lose him.
Robin
The challenge with Dawson is his injury record and his inconsistency, in two years here he’s had two really good spells lasting 4-6 weeks each flanked by injuries and loss of form (albeit he had a falling out with GJ).
paperboy
Robin wrote:The challenge with Dawson is his injury record and his inconsistency, in two years here he’s had two really good spells lasting 4-6 weeks each flanked by injuries and loss of form (albeit he had a falling out with GJ).
Agree.

The way he plays he needs to be really "up for it".

Applies to many players perhaps with Ryan Broom being another example- had a great first half of season followed by a mediocre second half.