Final home friendly

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Confirmed: http://bit.ly/Friendly3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Jeez a prestige friendly that one! Am I the only one who feels odd that we are playing a club that over the last twenty years has probably spent more time below us than above us? I suppose these games are all about fitness anyway but would certainly see a low attendance.
Si Robin
Just as well you said 20 years (it's dead even btw) as we haven't finished above them in the last 10, and they've been at least a division above for the last 4 seasons (and 6 of the last 7).
horlickfanclub
A good test against a club from a higher division. Why be negative Robin? Looks a sensible preseason to me.
Ben3
It’s a good point Robin, I’m just relieved waters wont be here as his appalling quality would mean this was a definite loss. Unless there is some exciting, big news later this week? :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:
Robin
horlickfanclub wrote:A good test against a club from a higher division. Why be negative Robin? Looks a sensible preseason to me.
It's more that I always look to pre-season for a few glamour games, we got Leicester but Shrewsbury/Bristol Rovers aren't.
Si Robin
Glamour games are a thing of the past though. The big clubs tend to go abroad now - it's quite a coup getting Leicester this summer.
Shade
What was the last glamour game we had in pre-season? Bristol City? West Brom XI? :lol:
plymrob
In the real world of now - Shrewsbury appear to have been faring better than us for a few years now.... Did someone else write a post here about some posters being always looking for the negative...? I'm thinking there may be some truth in that...

Hopefully, I have always supported our players (some who may or not have been "my children", - and most, admittedly, who did not cut the mustard - Some did mind you, and moved on and have done OK...). Troy Brown is still a case in point for me.