Kit

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Did we ever find out what our tie to Errea is? Why they're supposedly so attractive to us? I just saw a Puma sponsored post on Facebook advertising Swindon's nice new kit and it brought back memories of all the old threads of yesteryear, slagging Errea off and wishing for a decent manufacturer. I'm sure shirt sales would see at least a 33% rise in sales as well if we switched to a Puma, Nike, Adidas or Hummel next summer.
everyman
Shade wrote:Did we ever find out what our tie to Errea is? Why they're supposedly so attractive to us? I just saw a Puma sponsored post on Facebook advertising Swindon's nice new kit and it brought back memories of all the old threads of yesteryear, slagging Errea off and wishing for a decent manufacturer. I'm sure shirt sales would see at least a 33% rise in sales as well if we switched to a Puma, Nike, Adidas or Hummel next summer.
Probably the cheapest option,not impressed with their designs very little innovation.Why do we have numbers no-one can read on the back,cheap mistake i reckon.
Si Robin
We've been with Errea so long I honestly can't think we'll ever change.

Other than Bayern Munich and Adidas, this has to be the longest club and shirt manufacturer agreement in history (I make it 22 years this year - 97/98 being the first Errea kit).

I'm not anti-Errea, I like the current home kit as it's a retro version of the 98/99 promotion kit, and I've really liked some of their previous offerings - 11/12, 15/16 and 05/06 for example. I prefer something a bit different to major manufacturer template kits. Oxford and Swindon for example now have the same template - Rotherham, Plymouth and Tranmere basically have the same kit just in their colours and with their badge and sponsors (all Puma kits btw). Not only this, but you get the impression that if we went with a Nike, Adidas or Puma that we would be getting new home kits every season rather than alternating the home and away each year.

If we did change, then Hummel would be my manufacturer of choice - what they've done with Middlesbrough and Cambridge this season is wonderful - although given how they messed FGR around last season it could be a bit of a risk (although you could see that as a positive).
asl
Never had a problem reading the numbers - but someone really cocked up last year by putting the sponsor in the blank area that was meant for the player's name. That meant the player's name had to go below it and was pretty much illegible - which is a problem at the start of the season when we have a group of new boys. For ages, I thought all our players came from the same family as they all appeared to be called 'Marchants'...

Hopefully, that won't happen this coming season!
everyman
asl wrote:Never had a problem reading the numbers - but someone really cocked up last year by putting the sponsor in the blank area that was meant for the player's name. That meant the player's name had to go below it and was pretty much illegible - which is a problem at the start of the season when we have a group of new boys. For ages, I thought all our players came from the same family as they all appeared to be called 'Marchants'...

Hopefully, that won't happen this coming season!
20/15 Vision then,lucky !
Jerry St Clair
I'd go with Macron. They've done a lovely job with Stoke's kit for next season.

https://www.macron.com/uk/en/sport/team ... ty-fc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think they're also doing Morecambe's
Shade
Not bad. The only problem I have with Macron is, like Diadora, their own logos are terrible.
RobinHood
Much rather have Errea than Adidas or Nike, at least we get unique kits rather than the generic templates. We’d never get the current retro design under anyone else.

The two ‘ruby’ kits (11-12 & 13-15) were great and I don’t think any other team had those designs. The Inter Milan style away we had was decent too. If we had to get someone else I’d go for Kappa or Puma as you tend to get some pretty cool designs with them.

Additionally I like how the club keep each shirt for 2 seasons rather than introducing 3 new ones every year, like how it used to be with the prem teams 15 years ago.

Are we getting a new away kit this year as we’ve had the yellow for 2 years now?
Shade
Yes, new away kit to be revealed in July.
Another_FoD_Robin
The Inter Milan style shirt and the purple away kit are my favourites. I also like our friendly shirt which is Blue and White stripes. However I was told it’s never for resale. I love shirts with collars and the more outrageous the better. However I think it was Swindon away shirt I liked recently - bit like the Norwich 1994 era shirt. However never would I buy it.
Pie
Another_FoD_Robin wrote: I also like our friendly shirt which is Blue and White stripes.
Easily one of the best kits we have had in a while.

I did like the white with Blue we had when we played West Ham.