Best left-back since Jamie Victory?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Poll here: http://bit.ly/BestCTFCLeftBack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
What? Craig Braham-Barrett not included in the poll?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What if someone thinks Hussey is better than Victory?
triggo
Defending Jaimie.....going forward Chris .
In our current formation Chris hussy all day long !
Shade
We've had a few good ones and a few poor ones. Most of the poor ones have been in recent years. Hussey is probably one of the most dependable players I've seen in a CTFC shirt in the last decade. Personally, I think he's very good defensively, as well as going forward.
asl
Jamie was a better defender and scored more than Hussey is ever likely to - but mostly in the Conference. That said, I have to agree with triggo that, in a 5-3-2 (or 3-5-2), Hussey is da man.

Honourable mentions for Wright and Garbutt.
Benctfc
Hussey probably the best LB I have seen since supporting us. I liked Billy Jones who had a great left foot on him but Hussey has that too and the pace to match.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
JV could take a game by the scruff and carry the team. Hussey hasn’t achieved that though nearly did so at Carlisle away last season.

Billy Jones delivered great set pieces. We most have scored more Jones>Lowe corners in one season that we do in total most seasons.
Jon Palmer
asl wrote:Jamie was a better defender and scored more than Hussey is ever likely to - but mostly in the Conference. That said, I have to agree with triggo that, in a 5-3-2 (or 3-5-2), Hussey is da man.

Honourable mentions for Wright and Garbutt.
JV spent one season in the Southern League with Cheltenham, two in the Conference, six in League Two and two in League One, so I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice there!
shevates
A real difficult one this, Hussey fits into our system very well, a good all rounder. His crosses at times are wild, but he defends well, breaks well and supports the midfield. As for victory his main points were, scored goals and was very consistent in the years he served us, to close to call.
Being a long time supporter one player i would of loved to have watched play at this level was Julian Lailey, a teacher at the Grammar school an excellent footballer, a great tackler of the ball, and also the first Cheltenham player to represent an England amateur side.
asl
Yes...just had a look through his stats on soccerbase...looks like the bulk of his goals were, indeed, at Football League-level. Time flies...