Steve Cotterill

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interviewed for a big job in Scotland: http://bit.ly/CotterillScotland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
longmover
Celtic, Rangers or the national job?
andgarod
hearts
Shade
andgarod wrote:hearts
I think longmover was insinuating that if it's not Rangers, Celtic or Scotland then it's not a big job.
duckers
Now the favourite on SkyBet
Ihearye
Shade wrote:
I think longmover was insinuating that if it's not Rangers, Celtic or Scotland then it's not a big job.
Does get a bit tedious. Against FGR the best player on the pitch and obviously much better than L2, was someone who can not get into the Motherwell team. Yet we are continually told that Scottish premiership football is non league. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
everyman
Ihearye wrote:
Shade wrote:
Does get a bit tedious. Against FGR the best player on the pitch and obviously much better than L2, was someone who can not get into the Motherwell team. Yet we are continually told that Scottish premiership football is non league. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Only by ignorant people who have probably never been to a scottish game or watched one live.
longmover
Managing Hearts is the equivalent of managing QPR or Reading

BIG JOB!!!!
Alf
Is it a big job or a big jobbie?
I would think it’s a decent appointment. They’re a well supported club and there are worse places to live than Edinburgh. Good opportunity for progression.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
Shade wrote:
a) Frear is the exception. Someone with more patience for arguing with stubborn fools than me can find the list of players who go from L1/L2 to SPL.

b) In fact, he isn’t even the exception as your argument is just wrong. He made 25 or so appearances in the SPL last season, scoring in March and playing games up to the end of the season in April and May. Hardly a case of ‘not being able to get in the team’.
longmover
Alf wrote:Is it a big job or a big jobbie?
I would think it’s a decent appointment. They’re a well supported club and there are worse places to live than Edinburgh. Good opportunity for progression.
Progress to what? I think his time in England is up. wouldn't be surprised if he eventually goes abroad and manages a small national team.
Shade
I'll just throw in that a player that was at Cambridge, Uche Ikpeazu, is currently Hearts' "most important player" (picked up from watching 20 minute of Hearts v Rangers a few weeks ago on Sky), despite only scoring 19 in 69 at Cambridge and 5 in 27 at Hearts.
Alf
Well, we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we.