Exeter City v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon http://bit.ly/ExeterVCheltenham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Scrappy game, Exeter had the only real chance. We've not really created much in the final third but they look here for the taking if we can get a foothold in midfield.
Hubert Parry
Important 45 minutes this. Another lacklustre half could give rise to the feeling that we are coming off the boil.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
As other results stand, if we can win this we go top.

As Hubert says, an important half: the difference between going top and continuing the lethargic winless run is considerable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Can’t understand waiting so late to bring Addai on.

Addai sets up our best chance after 3 mins of coming on. Could have made a real difference if given more than 7 mins.

If Addai had 20 mins we would have won.

That’s FGR at home where Addai didn’t play and this one when he was played for a joke 7 mins. In both games we were slow and boring in attack and created not very much at all. Hopefully Duff gets over whatever his problem is and plays Addai for more time in future games!!
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 16 Nov 2019, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
Poor game where neither keeper had a serious save to make. We edged the second half but Reilly and Thomas couldn't quite make clean contact to score. Big Nige and the long haired winger their only decent players.
Malabus
Take it that's another game without a shot on target.
asl
0-0 away at Exeter has to be regarded as a good result, I think. Good for the Prediction League, too... ;)
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Can’t understand waiting so late to bring Addai on.

Addai sets up our best chance after 3 mins of coming on. Could have made a real difference if given more than 7 mins.

If Addai had 20 mins we would have won.

That’s FGR at home where Addai didn’t play and this one when he was played for a joke 7 mins. In both games we were slow and boring in attack and created not very much at all. Hopefully Duff gets over whatever his problem is and plays Addai for more time in future games!!
I agree. I can’t understand why Addai doesn’t get more of a run. The fact that he is unpredictable is going to be more of a problem to the opposition than it is to us. He created a real chance in a few minutes that should have been put away. I can understand MD not necessarily wanting to start with him but give him twenty minutes or half an hour and he’s capable of running the opposition ragged.
Ben3
But then maybe the manager knows what he is doing - we’ll be two points top of the league with best goal difference if we win our games in hand

Who’d have thunk it?
Alf
Absolutely. In no way am I criticising MD, he has a game plan, sticks to it and it has been very successful this season. He could have brought Addai on earlier and the whole thing may have crumbled and we would have been saying “why didn’t he leave well alone”.
I’m just saying that’s what I would have been tempted to do but maybe it would have been a bit of a gamble and we may have lost the point that we had.