Carlisle United v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/CarlisleUnitedA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
How nice for us to be ahead at half time away from home. Feels like it has been a long time. And just as nice to see Reuben on the score sheet. Some of the play has been sloppy, possibly down to the wind and rain...possibly not. We should have scored at least 2 in the first half though.

I reckon Cooper's gonna be sacked in the morning.
Shade
Great free kick for the goal but it's not smart from Hussey in this wind to keep lobbing high corners to the back post that just go straight out for goal kicks.
Shade
I mean, are they actually thick? Tozer now throwing long into the box and it's straight behind.
Shade
Three corners from Hussey straight out at the back post!!! Ffs!
Shade
All forgiven!
Huw Jarse
Great win!! Well done lads. COYR

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Hubert Parry
Huge win. Not a vintage performance. Carlisle looked a decent side and I can see them rising up to midtable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Massive win. Keeps us clinging on in 7th. We would have been 9th and getting cut adrift from top six had we lost.

Top Four look relentless. All winning again. Winning out game(s) in hand and beating Exeter and Swindon essential to get in the automatics contest.
Shade
We have got to win the next run of home games if we're gonna have any chance of automatic but I can't see it happening now due to the form of the top 4. We'll still be at least 5 points behind them if we win our game(s) in hand and 2 of the don't look like dropping 6 points more than us. But here's hoping. Any one of the top 4 for the title, though.
Hubert Parry
A long way to go and teams will drop points as pressure increases, including Cheltenham. We probably have the squad depth to cope with the schedule. The question is whether we can hit another run of good form to keep us in touch.
Nesty
the table looks good for us again, well done lads.......
horlickfanclub
Good win and good selection by the Manager.
everyman
Hubert Parry wrote:A long way to go and teams will drop points as pressure increases, including Cheltenham. We probably have the squad depth to cope with the schedule. The question is whether we can hit another run of good form to keep us in touch.
Squad depth could be crucial for every club during the run in,we seem to have enough to be close.
Alf
A very good result in dreadful weather. Well done to Michael and the lads for turning round Saturday’s poor performance. We are now back on track.
Robin
Shade wrote:We have got to win the next run of home games if we're gonna have any chance of automatic but I can't see it happening now due to the form of the top 4. We'll still be at least 5 points behind them if we win our game(s) in hand and 2 of the don't look like dropping 6 points more than us. But here's hoping. Any one of the top 4 for the title, though.
Three points on Saturday I feel is important as should ease some of the pressure to get wins against Colchester and Northampton. If we can take seven points from those three we should be back in the top five and within realistic chance still of top three.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
Shade wrote:We have got to win the next run of home games if we're gonna have any chance of automatic but I can't see it happening now due to the form of the top 4. We'll still be at least 5 points behind them if we win our game(s) in hand and 2 of the don't look like dropping 6 points more than us. But here's hoping. Any one of the top 4 for the title, though.
Three points on Saturday I feel is important as should ease some of the pressure to get wins against Colchester and Northampton. If we can take seven points from those three we should be back in the top five and within realistic chance still of top three.
Thankfully the Cobblers, Exeter and Pope games are at home. If we had to travel away to them as well as Swindon and Colchester it would be a very tough ask.

Those five games are key. Win them all and we have to be in strong contention for top three. Lose them all and those five will be joining Crewe and Plymouth in the top seven.

Win the three home games and we should be ok for the play offs, regardless of what happens in the others. We should be confident of winning the other ten games or the odd away draw.

Dare we say it...the trip to The New Lawn must be seen as an opportunity to boost our goal difference.
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:
Thankfully the Cobblers, Exeter and Pope games are at home. If we had to travel away to them as well as Swindon and Colchester it would be a very tough ask.

Those five games are key. Win them all and we have to be in strong contention for top three. Lose them all and those five will be joining Crewe and Plymouth in the top seven.

Win the three home games and we should be ok for the play offs, regardless of what happens in the others. We should be confident of winning the other ten games or the odd away draw.

Dare we say it...the trip to The New Lawn must be seen as an opportunity to boost our goal difference.
Oh well. If that’s all we have to do. Piece of p!##!
Robin
Ten wins from remaining fifteen games will see us in or very close to the automatic places. I'd guess we'll end up with something like 8 wins, 3 losses, 4 draws based purely on the fixtures putting us on 79points so finishing fifth or sixth in the table.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Dare we say it...the trip to The New Lawn must be seen as an opportunity to boost our goal difference.
I know you're trolling, but don't say that - even in jest. We have a habit of keeping our worst performance for months in store specially for that game.
Shade
We're usually better at The New Lawn than WR against them, to be honest. Still don't get the rub of the green, though.