Tuesday night Boot Zoom #4

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
7.30pm, Tuesday night:

Lee Howells, Darren Wright, Paul Chenoweth, Martin Boyle and Dean Clarke discuss the 1996/97 promotion campaign, the appointment of Steve Cotterill as manager, the emergence of Michael Duff, derby battles with Gloucester City and the unbearably tense final day at Burton Albion.

Link to follow...
Jon Palmer
Can watch here now: https://bit.ly/BootZoom4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
Excellent work again. Good seeing the boys after all these years
Jon Palmer
Thanks very much Ralph.

Next up is 2009/10, with the focus on the famous Burton 6-5...should be fun!
Ralph
Wrighty and Archie were 2 i wanted to see again. If you ever get chance to get Boca, Dale and big Jules at some point over different years that would be great too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just an hour with Alsop...talking about both stints.

I still have no idea how he bombed down the right wing and whipped in the cross for Richards to head in at Dagenham. Not long before that he was splitting his time between the Bath Tavern and playing for Cleeve, then comes back to the pro game to do that!!
Horteng
Jon Palmer wrote:Thanks very much Ralph.

Next up is 2009/10, with the focus on the famous Burton 6-5...should be fun!
Look forward to that one JP!
CTFCfan99
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just an hour with Alsop...talking about both stints.

I still have no idea how he bombed down the right wing and whipped in the cross for Richards to head in at Dagenham. Not long before that he was splitting his time between the Bath Tavern and playing for Cleeve, then comes back to the pro game to do that!!
Remember his late winner at Rochdale, prompting the Martin Allen quote along the lines of 'he showed a great turn of pace... I thought he got slower!' :lol:
Jon Palmer
A Jules and Tony Naylor special lined up for next week...
Ralph
Good work!
Andrew GCAFC Fan
Hello. Watched the discussion on the CTFC website, enjoyed it. Enjoyed listening to your ex-players recollections of the derby games. The players said it was blood and guts, Jon Holloway chirping away and Adie Mings being a menace up front. Can still visualise Dale Watkins goal at Meadow Park and going to the return game at Whaddon Road, Darren Wright equalising for you. Think Dale Watkins scored around 35 goals that season, our midfield was pretty strong with Chris Burns, Dave Webb and Simon Cooper. Be interesting to hear a GCAFC version of this with maybe Chris Burns, Jon Holloway, Adie Mings, Dave Webb and Dale Watkins. Take Care.