players back

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
back in training next week. Play off semis on 16th and 23rd of June, final on 30th June. All done and dusted before July so no need to extend any contracts.
paperboy
A little more meat on the bone here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52775843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
What happens if one of the four teams has half a dozen first team players test positive...?
Hubert Parry
Right. Any details as to who is going to pay for it all?
steveinblack
Is that home and away obviously behind closed doors.
Where would the final be held?
Horteng
Absolutely pathetic that they are going ahead
asl
steveinblack wrote:Is that home and away obviously behind closed doors.
No, I'm pretty I read that the semis will each be a one-off match at a neutral venue. No idea where, mind. Wonder how many clubs have already ripped up their pitches to prepare them for next season...?
little mo
asl wrote:
steveinblack wrote:Is that home and away obviously behind closed doors.
No, I'm pretty I read that the semis will each be a one-off match at a neutral venue. No idea where, mind. Wonder how many clubs have already ripped up their pitches to prepare them for next season...?
They will be over 2 legs on the dates given in my first post, you will see. asl, any team who were in a play off place who ripped there pitch up were a little bit silly.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bring it on. In Duffo we trust.

COYR

As for a final location, this should be flexible to take into account the teams involved. If we play Exeter in the final let’s have it at Ashton Gate, if we are up against Colchester then Stadium MK.
Ihearye
Hubert Parry wrote:Right. Any details as to who is going to pay for it all?
Indeed
Who is covering the testing costs - these will need to be at least weekly until the end of June
Who is covering the cost of the wage bill?
Load of bollix and an even greater lottery with 2 weeks to get mach fit and nobody around to have a few friendlies with. Yes, same for all 4 teams, but that doesn't make it right.
Robin
Players all being tested on Friday apparently. Given the Championship/Premiership results this should be low risk but I would forgive any player who would want to wait for results before resuming training.

Also it seems Exeter have not resumed training yet according to the BBC, what could happen if they refuse to play do Colchester get a bye to the final?
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Players all being tested on Friday apparently. Given the Championship/Premiership results this should be low risk but I would forgive any player who would want to wait for results before resuming training.

Also it seems Exeter have not resumed training yet according to the BBC, what could happen if they refuse to play do Colchester get a bye to the final?
Friday is a start, but testing needs to be done regularly from now until the end of June!
Say approx £300 a test, 5 per person and approx 22 people requiring testing (staff and players). There goes £33,000 without a penny coming in. This is coming from a company that has no cash in since early March and is looking at behind closed doors football for a good part of next season. Still think putting 4 clubs through this risk and expenditure is madness. Have they ever explained the rationale behind having play offs. Scott Brown can moan all he likes.
paperboy
Robin wrote:Players all being tested on Friday apparently. Given the Championship/Premiership results this should be low risk but I would forgive any player who would want to wait for results before resuming training.

Exeter are being tested and resume training on Monday.
Matt Taylor says that the EFL may well be footing the bill.
Maybe that is something that the EFL clubs will take a vote on though.
CTFCfan99
Are those dates official? Can't find them online anywhere
asl
CTFCfan99 wrote:Are those dates official? Can't find them online anywhere
Not even on the EFL website. Funny that.
Shade
16th June seems a likely date as some Sky Sports subscribers have started being billed again, in advance, from 16th June.
Robin
Prem is set to return then I believe SHade.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yeah, 17th June for the Prem. Games in hand to played on 17th, full 10-fixture programme on 18th/19th.
Artemis

Low risk? Any member of staff testing positive isolates for 7 days. Any person in contact with them isolates for 14 days. So all it takes to scupper the play offs is one player to test positive after the 1st game. All players from that game isolate for 2 weeks.
What then?
CTFCfan99
Artemis wrote:

Low risk? Any member of staff testing positive isolates for 7 days. Any person in contact with them isolates for 14 days. So all it takes to scupper the play offs is one player to test positive after the 1st game. All players from that game isolate for 2 weeks.
What then?
Assume a system would be in place where if that happens, each player can be tested again and thus cleared to play if they test negative. They'll all be tested a couple of times a week anyway I'd have thought.
Ihearye
Currently. for medical staff, if having been in the proximity of someone who has been tested positive, the second test is taken approx one week after the first (assuming that proves negative). The first takes a couple of days to arrange then another couple of days to get the results. So you are pronably looking at 14 days elapsed, just for that cycle.(?). Not sure if the NHS track and trace system copes with Private tests, have read the regs and still not sure. However, even then, you get into the scenario of arranging the test, getting it back to the lab and then approx 3 day wait for results, once received into the lab.
tunnelvision
CTFCfan99 wrote:
Artemis wrote:

What then?
Assume a system would be in place where if that happens, each player can be tested again and thus cleared to play if they test negative. They'll all be tested a couple of times a week anyway I'd have thought.
In the meantime, how are they supposed to train?
Robin
Artemis wrote:

What then?
It's low risk in that only 3 people in 1000 tested in the Championship tested positive. Coming into training with a group of team mates who are all being tested before starting is about as safe as it gets in terms of returning to work right now.
Ihearye
Indeed Robin - but the term 'safe' lasts for a very very short time. Whatever way you look at it, a positive test for one person at CTFC or any of the other play off teams, will remove the vast majority of the rest, from training / playing for, at the very least, a week. For a reliable swab result, there more or less, has to be symptoms. So tetsing someone the day after being in contact, would not be a useful use of resources. However the person would still need to isolate until that time.
Robin
I hear you, how is it working in the Championship, Premiership and in Germany, does anyone know?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade
Robin wrote:Prem is set to return then I believe SHade.
Indeed, we know that now. But it also makes sense, if any of this makes any sense, for League 2 as it will all be over and done with before the player contracts end. Tuesday 16th-Thursday 18th and Saturday 20th-Monday 22nd June for the semis and then Saturday 27th or Sunday 28th for the final seems "logical".
ctfc-fan
EFL: Leagues One and Two play-offs to be before Championship play-offs https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52854470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“It’s anticipated that all three (playoff) matches will be played at Wembley.”
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great. Looking forward for to dates and TV coverage details for L2 games.

Looks like the mighty Fulham winning at Wembley will once again be the last game of the season.
CTFCfan99
I'm sure they won't allow fans to attend, but if finals are held at Wembley there'd be an argument that a certain number of fans could watch while socially distancing - maybe a few thousand each? Might be too much of a hassle to organise though I guess.
ctfc-fan
It will probably be no fans allowed but 20,000 corporate sponsors all in for free and sat next to each other living it up on prawn sandwiches, none of whom have any interest in the actual match.
theidlerich
ctfc-fan wrote:It will probably be no fans allowed but 20,000 corporate sponsors all in for free and sat next to each other living it up on prawn sandwiches, none of whom have any interest in the actual match.
..add in The Cabinet, the rest of the Tory MP's, all those holding or involved in 'off shore tax avoidance schemes, oh.. and that well known traveller eye-sight challenged Castle fixated guy.... great idea...bring it on!
Artemis
CTFCfan99 wrote:
Artemis wrote:

What then?
And if they test positive? The rest of the squad and staff, and if they have played say the 1st leg, both clubs, self-isolate.
Its just nonsense, and for what benefit? And frankly, I'd be saying that if we were or weren't 4th in the revised table
Ihearye
theidlerich wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:It will probably be no fans allowed but 20,000 corporate sponsors all in for free and sat next to each other living it up on prawn sandwiches, none of whom have any interest in the actual match.
..add in The Cabinet, the rest of the Tory MP's, all those holding or involved in 'off shore tax avoidance schemes, oh.. and that well known traveller eye-sight challenged Castle fixated guy.... great idea...bring it on!
Oh dear, there goes the football debate. You are just going to have to get over it
Ihearye
On that topic, I read an informative ( was going to say interesting lol), article by some expert on the SAGE panel yesterday, re outdoor crowds. The general gist was that, once we are at a stage of allowing outdoor 'crowds / gatherings'. The actual size of the size of the crowd is not as significant as you would think, in relation to the spreading of the virus. Seems the risks are more or lerss the same for small crowds and large crowds. As it is the proximity and interaction that matters. That's why most infections are from family and close friends.