Fans back in stadiums

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Meanwhile plenty of people criticising the kids age driving SUVs, eating too much intensively farmed meat, and not recycling. I know which cohort I find more more contemptible.

Regardless of climate change long term impact in, in the the here and now hundreds of thousands of people in the U.K. die early due to air pollution and particulate matter from vehicles. For the last 17 years most the parents of the year 13s who might ‘infect their parents’ have been poisoning their own kids with vehicle emissions and resist any attempt of policy makers to try and tackle the issue. Go figure.
Malabus
Well I guess I wasted 255 GBP on a season ticket I will not use.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
SHANDY VOR
Robin wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:It must be so dispiriting. It has been bad enough having not had it.

You are obviously correct in what you say. There is a fascinating documentary on Netflix called the Social Dilemma. The premise is essentially that social media and platforms are going to eventually destroy civilisation on the current trajectory. The experts interviewed have all occupied senior positions with these platforms or are highly regarded academics.
Precisely the reason I don't use social media. Way too much false information and even deliberate disinformation which is used to influence behaviour.
Yes you do
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:Well I guess I wasted 255 GBP on a season ticket I will not use.

For each home game you are getting £10 of it back as you are getting a free subscription to Ifollow. If all 23 games are behind closed doors, you will be £25 out of pocket.
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:

For each home game you are getting £10 of it back as you are getting a free subscription to Ifollow. If all 23 games are behind closed doors, you will be £25 out of pocket.
IFollow is only available to ST holders with codes up till the 4th October.

Red Duke
I am sure it will be continued after 4th October if games are still behind closed doors.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:I am sure it will be continued after 4th October if games are still behind closed doors.
100% obvious it will. Surprised anyone doubted that was the case.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:I am sure it will be continued after 4th October if games are still behind closed doors.
100% obvious it will. Surprised anyone doubted that was the case.
It won't be happening when the players go into lockdown.

Si Robin

Wasted? Or helped to keep the club running in these bleak times.
Malabus
Si Robin wrote:

Wasted? Or helped to keep the club running in these bleak times.
Well if the club is a charity then the players should take 50% cut in wages, but that won't happen.

SHANDY VOR
Robin wrote:Precisely the reason I don't use social media. Way too much false information and even deliberate disinformation which is used to influence behaviour.
Yes you do, this forum is social media.

Stop peddling false information or even deliberate disinformation to influence people's behaviour towards you, by projecting your desired image.

The great irony of this age is that so many people see themselves as shepherds, when we are all just sheep, preferring to stay in the field rather than escape beyond it into a less comfortable unknown.

Baa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Robin wrote:Precisely the reason I don't use social media. Way too much false information and even deliberate disinformation which is used to influence behaviour.
Yes you do, this forum is social media.

Stop peddling false information or even deliberate disinformation to influence people's behaviour towards you, by projecting your desired image.

The great irony of this age is that so many people see themselves as shepherds, when we are all just sheep, preferring to stay in the field rather than escape beyond it into a less comfortable unknown.

Baa
Just don’t rely on Robin to accurately count how many full bags of wool he has.
Nesty
one thing for sure there is more common sense talked on this forum at times than there is in the House of Commons
SHANDY VOR
thanks Nesty
Ihearye
Well at least we now know, it won't be happening in October
Robin
In recent days it's become obvious fans won't be back at the start of October but the big question now is how long can they survive without fans and why did we even start without them. I see the conference has refused to start until fans can return for example.

If it's a delay of weeks then maybe clubs can get through it but if it's now December (as one national paper suggested) then a bail out or suspension of play will be required. Do clubs simply down tools and furlough players for October?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:In recent days it's become obvious fans won't be back at the start of October but the big question now is how long can they survive without fans and why did we even start without them. I see the conference has refused to start until fans can return for example.

If it's a delay of weeks then maybe clubs can get through it but if it's now December (as one national paper suggested) then a bail out or suspension of play will be required. Do clubs simply down tools and furlough players for October?
Furlough is ending in October. Parry was on the radio last week saying EFL clubs will be supported and they are negotiating with PL clubs and the FA on a rescue package.

Gloucester City fans not happy. This from the Voice of The T-End on Twitter:

“13 years away from home, a new stadium built, a fantastic team assembled and now we appear to have a government hell bent on destroying clubs, small business and people's mental health. Absolutely appalled at these latest restrictions which will drive up suicide rates. Disgusting”

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheVOTTE/sta ... 2948232192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
Robin wrote:In recent days it's become obvious fans won't be back at the start of October but the big question now is how long can they survive without fans and why did we even start without them. I see the conference has refused to start until fans can return for example.

Furlough is ending in October. Parry was on the radio last week saying EFL clubs will be supported and they are negotiating with PL clubs and the FA on a rescue package.

Gloucester City fans not happy. This from the Voice of The T-End on Twitter:

“13 years away from home, a new stadium built, a fantastic team assembled and now we appear to have a government hell bent on destroying clubs, small business and people's mental health. Absolutely appalled at these latest restrictions which will drive up suicide rates. Disgusting”

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheVOTTE/sta ... 2948232192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The twitter troll merely displays his lack of education
asl
Not being able to watch Gloucester City ought not be a cause of suicide.

(I'll set 'em up for someone else to knock 'em down...)
Si Robin
The issue with teams like Gloucester is that they could easily cope with home fans only a la Bishops Cleeve or, as I saw myself on Saturday, Chipping Sodbury Town. However, because the National League wanted to do the playoffs, they had to be classed as Elite sport. So most clubs at that level would love to have 3-400 fans in and keep going, but because of the playoffs, in which two thirds of the clubs weren't involved, they're now all being hamstrung.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:The issue with teams like Gloucester is that they could easily cope with home fans only a la Bishops Cleeve or, as I saw myself on Saturday, Chipping Sodbury Town. However, because the National League wanted to do the playoffs, they had to be classed as Elite sport. So most clubs at that level would love to have 3-400 fans in and keep going, but because of the playoffs, in which two thirds of the clubs weren't involved, they're now all being hamstrung.
That doesn’t explain why Gloucester appear to be the only ones making big money signings during a pandemic when no one knows if and when they can play games and charge people to watch.
Malabus
Boris just said that "Sport fans back into sporting venues to be scapped for the time being."

We are looking at months rather than weeks of not being able to watch live sport.

Si Robin
Si Robin wrote:The issue with teams like Gloucester is that they could easily cope with home fans only a la Bishops Cleeve or, as I saw myself on Saturday, Chipping Sodbury Town. However, because the National League wanted to do the playoffs, they had to be classed as Elite sport. So most clubs at that level would love to have 3-400 fans in and keep going, but because of the playoffs, in which two thirds of the clubs weren't involved, they're now all being hamstrung.
That doesn’t explain why Gloucester appear to be the only ones making big money signings during a pandemic when no one knows if and when they can play games and charge people to watch.
That's because I wasn't talking about Gloucester signing players, or their budget, I was talking about how their fans can't go and watch games in their new stadium.
Shade
Malabus wrote:Boris just said that "Sport fans back into sporting venues to be scapped for the time being."

We are looking at months rather than weeks of not being able to watch live sport.

6 months at least, by the look of it :cry:

So possibly mid-to-late March? If any clubs are left by then.
Ben3
So..Forest Green Rovers have a trial game and within 72 hours the whole thing has gone to pot.

Coincidence?

I'll let you make your own minds up..but I saw bill gates talking to dale vince and Lord Rothschild in a coffee shop just outside Woodchester last week.

Don't believe the truth
Shade
So...Dale Vince is behind Microsoft buying Bethesda?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Every time you refuse to wear a Government Mind Control Muzzle a vegan dies.
everyman
Ben3 wrote:So..Forest Green Rovers have a trial game and within 72 hours the whole thing has gone to pot.

Coincidence?

I'll let you make your own minds up..but I saw bill gates talking to dale vince and Lord Rothschild in a coffee shop just outside Woodchester last week.

Don't believe the truth
Ebou Adams problem with gravity causing him to join the crowd not helping matters,i don`t think he obsrved the 2 metre rule.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
Ben3 wrote:So..Forest Green Rovers have a trial game and within 72 hours the whole thing has gone to pot.

Coincidence?

Don't believe the truth
Ebou Adams problem with gravity causing him to join the crowd not helping matters,i don`t think he obsrved the 2 metre rule.
He has his own 2m rule: if an opponent comes within 2m of him he dives to the ground and rolls around.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
254 watching Whitley Bay beat Witton Albion, from two divisions higher, in the FA Cup first Round Qualifying this evening.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Whilst fans are enjoying the lower non-leagues, the BBC reporting a dire scenario for the elite game, with potentially no fans until March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
I'd be amazed if there are more than a dozen or so lower league teams left if we try to play through to March with no crowds.
Ben3
Yep - and one of those dozen will be FGR. Sensing that cooper would never take them up and earn them his coveted second star, Vince managed to get the New Lawn open for a trial-crowd game and used it to louse the whole thing up. Now, when the 20 or so teams go bust FGR will be promoted into a new look League One, new ground and all

I saw it all on Facebook, it's the new world order innit

If you don't all follow what I say, then you're all mindless sheep
longmover
will be interesting to see the prems stance on this, will they watch lower league clubs go to the wall while they continue to pay massive fees for new players?

Seems like the ideal scenario for them to 'cleanse' the lower leagues
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Discussions ramping up about financial support package for the lower leagues. Just a question of who pays for it. I suspect a combination of the Prem and Government. The Prem will say the Gov should do it but I can see Gov saying Prem contributing will be a condition of allowing fans in again.

What I am certain of is that there will be a package and very few if any clubs will be allowed to go bust.