The Robins Nest Forum
http://robinsnestforum.co.uk/

Fans back in stadiums
http://robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27796
Page 6 of 6

Author:  GrahamPC [ 23 Sep 2020, 10:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

I've read reason the government are concerned about allowing crowds at large sporting events is not the stadiums but issue of volume arrivals on public transport /car and congregating near grounds and in pubs.

Author:  longmover [ 23 Sep 2020, 11:05 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Discussions ramping up about financial support package for the lower leagues. Just a question of who pays for it. I suspect a combination of the Prem and Government. The Prem will say the Gov should do it but I can see Gov saying Prem contributing will be a condition of allowing fans in again.

What I am certain of is that there will be a package and very few if any clubs will be allowed to go bust.



hopefully, if this does happen i hope the prem isnt given unprecedented 'incentives' as a buy in for their assistance

ie, prem youth teams in fa cup, no replays etc etc

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 23 Sep 2020, 11:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

longmover wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Discussions ramping up about financial support package for the lower leagues. Just a question of who pays for it. I suspect a combination of the Prem and Government. The Prem will say the Gov should do it but I can see Gov saying Prem contributing will be a condition of allowing fans in again.

What I am certain of is that there will be a package and very few if any clubs will be allowed to go bust.



hopefully, if this does happen i hope the prem isnt given unprecedented 'incentives' as a buy in for their assistance

ie, prem youth teams in fa cup, no replays etc etc


To a degree. But to be honest ‘no replays’ is something I personally would accept to ensure the future of CTFC and wider game.

Author:  Robin [ 23 Sep 2020, 14:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

GrahamPC wrote:
I've read reason the government are concerned about allowing crowds at large sporting events is not the stadiums but issue of volume arrivals on public transport /car and congregating near grounds and in pubs.


That's fair but then emphasis needs to be on pubs/transport to enforce they are COVID secure.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 23 Sep 2020, 16:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

Robin wrote:
GrahamPC wrote:
I've read reason the government are concerned about allowing crowds at large sporting events is not the stadiums but issue of volume arrivals on public transport /car and congregating near grounds and in pubs.


That's fair but then emphasis needs to be on pubs/transport to enforce they are COVID secure.


The thing is, buses etc are usually overcrowded enough as it is. If they can only take 25% of capacity or whatever the park and ride will have to start at 10am and go on to 9pm at night!

Author:  Robin [ 23 Sep 2020, 16:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

But if sports stadiums only operate at 25% capacity as had been hoped are we not over selling the issue a bit here below the premiership? We are talking roughly 2000-6000 people across the three EFL divisions.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 23 Sep 2020, 16:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

Robin wrote:
But if sports stadiums only operate at 25% capacity as had been hoped are we not over selling the issue a bit here below the premiership? We are talking roughly 2000-6000 people across the three EFL divisions.


I do agree with you. I don’t know where the original theory about transport and pubs being the concern originated from other than the rumour above. So it might just be something concerning the Prem and not the EFL, or not a real thing anyway, for all we know.

Author:  theidlerich [ 23 Sep 2020, 18:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

I quote..."Meanwhile, Colchester United chairman Robbie Cowling said in an open letter to the Prime Minister on Wednesday that he was "astounded" by the decision.

"With this one decision you have not only threatened the livelihoods of the staff at Colchester United and the local businesses that rely on our club, and not only those staff and local businesses of every other football club in the EFL, but those of every club across every sport in the UK," he said.

"Just so I understand it when I'm having to lay off even more staff, can someone explain to me again how I can safely sit in a confined aeroplane with 300 other passengers and I can safely eat inside a restaurant or drink inside a pub until 10pm but I can't safely attend a football match which is predominately outside and has been certificated as safe by a SAG (safety advisory group)?""

Never mind we can all take up grouse shooting' on Leckhampton Hill or arrange for our chauffeurs to take us to that castle up North!

Author:  Si Robin [ 23 Sep 2020, 21:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

You don't need a chauffeur, just get behind the wheel even though you can't see.

Remember, the best way to test your eye-sight is to go for a drive.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 23 Sep 2020, 23:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

Si Robin wrote:
You don't need a chauffeur, just get behind the wheel even though you can't see.

Remember, the best way to test your eye-sight is to go for a drive.


Just not in Kent if you’re a lorry driver without a permit :lol:

Author:  theidlerich [ 24 Sep 2020, 09:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

Si Robin wrote:
You don't need a chauffeur, just get behind the wheel even though you can't see.

Remember, the best way to test your eye-sight is to go for a drive.


...which got me reminiscing... an aunt with a Morris minor, pale blue, had extremely poor eyesight. She would collect us from the railway station and drive us to their home. She followed the white lines, they were sighted so that they passed over her steering wheel! The locals were used to her car and her driving technique so sensibly pulled over, non-locals were merely shocked as they avoided collisions. My parents were usually white after the drive; I thought t'was funny! [early/mid 50's]. Driving through Axminster after that was never the same!
.
.
.and locally I know of two people who drive but are height challenged [trust this is 'politically correctness' acceptable?]; so who's sight lines must be 15 to 25 meters well in front of their car! Dangerous or what?

Perhaps it is/was these who needed those chauffeurs.

not relevant I know to the thread......perhaps should be elsewhere...

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 26 Sep 2020, 10:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Fans back in stadiums

Non-league below the National League still a rule unto itself.

As there are tighter local restrictions on the North East, the Northumberland FA and Durham FA have imposed tighter restrictions on crowds.

This means Whitley Bay vs Blyth FA Cup 2nd Round Qual now limited to 150 people.

I still find it odd that in a region where it is now illegal for me to go to any other house other than my own I can still watch football yet in other places watching football is still banned.

Page 6 of 6 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/